The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PS3 or XBOX 360

Epic

I only have a CRT... games still look good.

People always play down CRT but in all honesty the clarity of picture has only just been taken over with the likes of LCD etc and at that you need to buy the best.

The depth is where the CRT's lacked a bit, even more now that the 1080p's etc are out.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think the extra money paid on the PS3 is worth it tho?

Its still 50/50 on the votes

Yes, a good blu-ray player costs that alone. I'm basically buying a PS3 as i want a blu-ray player, the bonus is i get a PS3 games console for free lol.

exactly if your going to watch Blu ray movies then yep its worth the extra cost. If you dont watch a lot of movies on DVD then I guess not.

Remember a PS3 is for life (well not really) not just for christmas. If your never going to watch blu-ray then no, its not worth it.

I remember the older folks saying that DVD's would never take off. Anyone know of anyone that doesn't have one? Other than the homeless and religomaniacs of course.

Remember a PS3 is for life (well not really) not just for christmas. If your never going to watch blu-ray then no, its not worth it.

I remember the older folks saying that DVD's would never take off. Anyone know of anyone that doesn't have one? Other than the homeless and religomaniacs of course.

yea true, but the prices will drop in long run for the stand alone players, also at the moment I stream HD movies from PC to the xbox and just watch on the TV so im not missing out.

I cant remember last time I actually watched a DVD, it was a long time ago....anyway back on subject :D

HA, yeh i know. i regret posting this now... im even more confused than wen i started. i do feel more drawn to the ps3 tho for some reson. would love to see the results of it on my 50" plasma

I have always had playstations but I feel that the games on the 360 will lure me away. I don't like the controllers though!! That said, I've not touched my PS2 since Christmas......:rolleyes:

H.

quick question

With PS3 online... can you talk to people like you can on xbox... coz i cant see a head set for the PS3 online... i think it would be a shame not to be able to talk with the people you are playing with

yep and its free (as far as I can tell), any blu tooth head set will work so you can just use your one for your mobile (if you have one that is)

yep and its free (as far as I can tell), any blu tooth head set will work so you can just use your one for your mobile (if you have one that is)

But I thought there were problems with talking to others on the ps3.

Like you can't do it in the actual game or something.

But I thought there were problems with talking to others on the ps3.

Like you can't do it in the actual game or something.

Can definitely talk during the game, my mate said when he was plaing all the americans did was swear at him constantly lol.

I am in the process of buying a console and also thought about both systems (xbox and PS3), I have never liked the playstation and have always had an Xbox.

No matter how good any playstation console is, it still takes forever to load up games and long waiting times to advance to next levels, and also the controls are too small for my big hands and they end up aching.

Though some of the games are pretty good as well as the gadgets that come with it. I would still choose an xBox 360 over a PS3.

Is this a good deal - £200 for an xbox360 with 9 good games and 2/3 conrollers and 2.5 years warranty left on it, boxed but used only a few times. It's a friend thats selling it and I have 1st shout on it. What do you think?

No matter how good any playstation console is, it still takes forever to load up games and long waiting times to advance to next levels, and also the controls are too small for my big hands and they end up aching.

You have used the PS3 right? Loading times on some games can be a bit long but most of them are now installing a little bit on the HDD making loading almost non existant. I used to get fed up with the massive loading times on the xbox. However that could be normal as I get fed up after 10 seconds of loading on PC games lol

Is this a good deal - £200 for an xbox360 with 9 good games and 2/3 conrollers and 2.5 years warranty left on it, boxed but used only a few times. It's a friend thats selling it and I have 1st shout on it. What do you think?

If your not having it i will ;) thats a bargain mate.

I have an Xbox and i did prefer it to the PS2 as i had it modified and could run my backups from the HDD. Still took a bit to load though. PS2 was a better machine but i just preferred the convenience of the Xbox.

Loading times shouldn't be an issue with either console now.

If your not having it i will ;) thats a bargain mate.

I have an Xbox and i did prefer it to the PS2 as i had it modified and could run my backups from the HDD. Still took a bit to load though. PS2 was a better machine but i just preferred the convenience of the Xbox.

Loading times shouldn't be an issue with either console now.

I played the PS3 the other night and it was still slow compared to the xBox 360.

The deal includes COD4, Tiger woods and all good titles and some extra gadgets I think. I would pick it up tonight if my mate would pick up his phone. :(

If I decide that I don't want to buy it then I will ask if he wants to sell it on, and I will say I have a buyer...and it's yours! but don't get your hopes up coz I will probably buy it.;)

You have used the PS3 right? Loading times on some games can be a bit long but most of them are now installing a little bit on the HDD making loading almost non existant. I used to get fed up with the massive loading times on the xbox. However that could be normal as I get fed up after 10 seconds of loading on PC games lol

Okay fair enuf, loading from the HDD will be much better I'm sure, but there is still the 'control' issue for me, are there any other alterative controls to use that are slightly bulkier? maybe like the xBox controls....