The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PS3 or XBOX 360

Epic

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been done a few times do a search for extra comments. I own both and the PS3 just gathers dust-No decent games or exclusives yet (except for a 1/3 of GT5 game). Multiformat titles have been consistently better on 360 as developers are still getting grips developing on the difficult PS3 and online play is a million times better on the 360 although you do pay for the service.

Your probably better having a browse on a games forum TBH. I use gamesradar which is good and informative if you can get past the teenage "humour" etc.

All your mates PS3's must have been broken then as its absolutely flawless on a decent connection. One of the guys in work bought a PS3 solely fo COD4 and says it blows the 360 out of the water.

He has a PS3, an Xbox360, a Wii, an Xbox, a PS2 and a PSP. If you haven't guessed, he's a gamer and really knows his stuff.

Again, its all 360 owners that are voting 360. As said previously, its a male thing. Everyone in their right mind knows what the better system is, they also know which games are better and what the best quality is going to be.

Its not a question of what system is the best, its a question of how much money do you want to spend and what systems do your mates have for online play etc.

i should of been more descriptive rather then 'smooth'. I meant to join a game your mates in, to join games etc...

And as for COD4 being easier, Infinity ward admitted there were problems with COD4 on the PS3 online and looked to solve them.

Being a better system...yes the PS3 it has alot more potential for the future....as gaming consoles go they are identical it graphics and the games, I would go for a ps3 now for the blu ray and future titles of GT5. The online sucks at mo but you never know home might solve that.

i should of been more descriptive rather then smooth. I meant to join a game your mates in, to join games.

And as for COD4 being easier, Infinity ward admitted there were problems with COD4 on the PS3 online and looked to solve them.

Being a better system...yes the PS3 it has alot more potential for the future....as gaming consoles go they are identical it graphics and the games, I would go for a ps3 now for the blu ray and future titles of GT5. The online sucks at mo but you never know home might solve that.

Yep totally agree with you.

The reason i keep replying to people commenting on the Xbox360 is because they own them and are obviously bias towards them. The guy has a gaming PC that he uses most of the time and is looking for an objective point of view.

One of the guys i speak to online plays PC games online constantly. He says that they are much better than all consoles. This i cannot comment on but if someone can play all/most of the Xbox360 games on the PC, the machine that they are used to playing games on, then there isn't really a reason to get one.

The PS3 has a LOT of niggles but it is the better system. The games coming out over the next year should put it right back in the race. Blu-ray is the next big thing and its already setup for it.

Objectively i think this guy should get a PS3. I'm thinking of buying one and i aint even a gamer. I loved GT3 but i missed out on GT4. GT5 is yet another reason why i might get one. Personally i think i'll wait till they are sub £200.

I've played both and they are both great. The misses bought me a 360 Elite for my Birthday, and i'm more than happy with it. It seem's to me the game's come out quicker for the X Box too. My fave game at the moment is Rainbow Six Vegas 2, brilliant. :D

The reason i keep replying to people commenting on the Xbox360 is because they own them and are obviously bias towards them. The guy has a gaming PC that he uses most of the time and is looking for an objective point of view.

One of the guys i speak to online plays PC games online constantly. He says that they are much better than all consoles. This i cannot comment on but if someone can play all/most of the Xbox360 games on the PC, the machine that they are used to playing games on, then there isn't really a reason to get one.

The PS3 has a LOT of niggles but it is the better system. The games coming out over the next year should put it right back in the race. Blu-ray is the next big thing and its already setup for it.

Objectively i think this guy should get a PS3. I'm thinking of buying one and i aint even a gamer. I loved GT3 but i missed out on GT4. GT5 is yet another reason why i might get one. Personally i think i'll wait till they are sub £200.

I dont deny he shouldnt get a PS3, like you say he has the PC, just saying PS3 is better for playing games isnt true, it has all the power of the cell..Sony did good on its marketing!! because its graphics chip is not as powerfull as the xbox 360...so its all swings and roundabouts on the games front.

Online Ive got to say xbox live blew me away at first i didnt want to pay £40 a yr...the 1 month free trial won me over.

anyway wii FTW!!!

:D

i agree with you big time!

I have a gaming rig play on it most of the time. As said before had 2 360's that became expensive dvd players got the first one for gears of war and then sold it after 3 months. Then Forza 2 came out and got one for that then realised it was NFS in drag and sold it.

Had a PS3 since it came out over here and use it far far more than I did the 360. Online is free, games are very nice and exclusives that I wont be able to get on the PC (Unlike the 360 that has very very very few as MS try to push Vista)

Online Ive got to say xbox live blew me away at first i didnt want to pay £40 a yr...the 1 month free trial won me over.

You can use XBconnect for free though. Not sure how good that is with the 360 though

anyway wii FTW!!!

:D

Thats what i have. I love it.

You can use XBconnect for free though. Not sure how good that is with the 360 though

Thats what i have. I love it.

yea but you cant be racing on forza, spot your mate come on and have a chat whilst he plays COD4. spot he's playing call of duty 4 and invite him to your game with 1 press of a button.

Like i say hopefully home will solve this for ps3 and im sure they will nick some of the good ideas. Sony know their online is lacking and trying to fix, it is only £2.50 a month online and they won me round in the end.

ohh one advantage of ps3...being able to upgrade the hard drive yourself without voiding the warranty!

I think it's fairly easy...

If you want a pure games machine (esp online) then 360 without a doubt - games generally come out quicker, lots more of them, graphics generally as good (Forza 2 vs GT aside), and the online interface absolutely whoops the PS3...for now.

If you want a decent games machine and an excellent home cinema machine, then the PS3 is a bargain for the money.

And I own both so no bias! ;)

I own both. I would say the Xbox is better online, but the PS is better in almost all other respects.

I have both connected to a 50" HDMI plasma and like for like the graphics look nicer on the ps and are more fluent.

Ps comes with a built in wifi adapter, the xbox on is an expensive extra.

Forza 2s graphics aren't a scratch on GT5s by the way. If you're into racing games, I would buy the PS just for Gran turismo.

I find online play on gt5 prologue to be better than forza as forzas realism seems to suffer online.

And now its 16 lol. Xbox for me, online gaming is better, greater range of games, can buy films, games, music etc online. Ive had 2 cos of the ring of death.... But apart from that its been great lol. If it boils down to which plays films the best in my eyes thats not the point. We all surely have stand alone dvd/blueray players now?

And now its 16 lol. Xbox for me, online gaming is better, greater range of games, can buy films, games, music etc online. Ive had 2 cos of the ring of death.... But apart from that its been great lol. If it boils down to which plays films the best in my eyes thats not the point. We all surely have stand alone dvd/blueray players now?

And yet another one, have you read the guys position or just read the title and thought i have an xbox so xbox is best?

And I recommended the 360, cos its the best option imo :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you haven't read any of the other posts already thoroughly discussing the guys situation with PC online gameplay etc and the lack of exclusive Xbox games. :rolleyes: