The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PS3 or XBOX 360

Epic

I got a gaming PC yet no games to play! GTA4 coming out next week, Metal Gear Solid 4 on its way, Halo 3 already out... blue ray getting more known and online gaming been the next big thing.

But what to get? do i get the cheap and powerfull well know 360 with its unbeatable halo 3 and online play. Or the tad pricy PS3 to big to put anywhere but is more set for the future?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a 360 for ages and very happy with it. I was going to order a PS3 simply because I want a blu-ray player, but I've now ordered a Panasonic DMP-BD30 BluRay player so wont be buying a PS3. Never get time to play the xbox as it is !

If I had to choose I'd probably still get the xbox, I know there's GT5 coming but I like Forza 2 and Race Driver:Grid comes out next month I think, they will keep me amused :)

do u even use or have blu-ray dvds?

get the 360, its online gaming is 2nd to none. also has msn messenger haha :D

i havnt tried the ps3, so im not in a position to say its good or crap. but i played the 360and own the elite and i want to make love to it

actually i do have a few blue ray dvd's (no region coding so i get em from the states when my bro-in-law comes over), plus i get them from lovefilm.com too :)

I have got both and both got their strong and weak points.

Look at the lineup of the games which is most attractive to you.

A pre for both computers is a nice plasma/lcd screen, if you you got an "old" CRT TV than you won't be able to enjoy the full out of it.

What are your plans with the computer? play offline games? online? use it as mediacentre? etc.

Most people on here who vote for the 360 is because they have one and don't want to admit they have the inferior machine. Its a male thing i guess lol.

I don't have either but i will definitely be getting a PS3. Its by far the better machine and the fact that it plays blu-ray is the icing on the cake for me.

PS3 all day every day.

I have got both and both got their strong and weak points.

Look at the lineup of the games which is most attractive to you.

A pre for both computers is a nice plasma/lcd screen, if you you got an "old" CRT TV than you won't be able to enjoy the full out of it.

What are your plans with the computer? play offline games? online? use it as mediacentre? etc.

I got my PC connected to a 50" Plasma in my room, thats what i run my tv and consols into as well if i got any... when my mates come round with there xbox we always play halo3 online and its great, but i dont know anyone with a ps3 to compair

Only 2 titles that look any good are ps3 exclusive GT and metal gear solid if they appeal to you then the ps3 is your choice.

Otherwise a wealth of games on the xbox 360.

If you are definitely going to want blu ray then you are probably best off getting a ps3 but you say you have a high end pc, if it was me i would buy the blu ray reader and writer for that instead and get an xbox.

Xbox 360 mate got one said easy to get chipped

Thats the one thing, along with price, that the Xbox definitely has over the PS3. Well, the PS3 actually has that over the Xbox, as its working better for sony than the xbox is for microsoft, but as far as consumers saving cash goes its a winner for the Xbox.

The Xbox and the PS may have similar titles but the quality of the titles will be far superior on the PS.

All comes down to eyesight though :p

Most people on here who vote for the 360 is because they have one and don't want to admit they have the inferior machine. Its a male thing i guess lol.

I don't have either but i will definitely be getting a PS3. Its by far the better machine and the fact that it plays blu-ray is the icing on the cake for me.

PS3 all day every day.

3 of my mates got a ps3, I got an xbox a month later. Within 2 months they had all sold theres and got an xbox. 1 reason alone to play online. They said the PS3 was no where near as smooth online and games often had frame rate issues which annoyed them.

Give it a year though and the ps3 will be better though as it can do more things (not gaming wise), however from a gaming point of view the games look near enough identical if on both systems so cant go wrong. Its which one has the exclusives you want :) and also do you want to play online or do you want to play blu ray movies.

3 of my mates got a ps3, I got an xbox a month later. Within 2 months they had all sold theres and got an xbox. 1 reason alone to play online. They said the PS3 was no where near as smooth online and games often had frame rate issues which annoyed them.

Give it a year though and the ps3 will be better though as it can do more things (not gaming wise), however from a gaming point of view the games look near enough identical if on both systems so cant go wrong. Its which one has the exclusives you want :) and also do you want to play online or do you want to play blu ray movies.

All your mates PS3's must have been broken then as its absolutely flawless on a decent connection. One of the guys in work bought a PS3 solely fo COD4 and says it blows the 360 out of the water.

He has a PS3, an Xbox360, a Wii, an Xbox, a PS2 and a PSP. If you haven't guessed, he's a gamer and really knows his stuff.

Again, its all 360 owners that are voting 360. As said previously, its a male thing. Everyone in their right mind knows what the better system is, they also know which games are better and what the best quality is going to be.

Its not a question of what system is the best, its a question of how much money do you want to spend and what systems do your mates have for online play etc.

I got a gaming PC yet no games to play! GTA4 coming out next week, Metal Gear Solid 4 on its way, Halo 3 already out... blue ray getting more known and online gaming been the next big thing.

But what to get? do i get the cheap and powerfull well know 360 with its unbeatable halo 3 and online play. Or the tad pricy PS3 to big to put anywhere but is more set for the future?

PS3 mate!

I got a gaming PC and to be fair every decent game on the 360 hits PC (gears of war, Halo etc)

You will end up getting all the games that come out on the 360 on the PC (I had 2 360's and got shot of them within 3 months).

Use the PS3 for blu ray and exclusive games like GT5, MGS, Final fantasy etc, and use the PC for those 360 ports and FREE online gaming.

this is a good read, then you can read the one year on. Either way i dont think youll be dissapointed :)

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

Long answer: Price, performance, visual quality, game selection and online support. I think the XBOX 360 wins in every category.

Yeah and he aint at all bias. Noone in their right mind would say it wins in the above catagories.