The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ireland

grahamc

Guest morganl7

I lived in Ireland a few years ago and it was GREAT! I lived in a beautiful town called Killarney which is in the South West region (probably a bit far for you to travel). Galway is definately worth a visit if you fancy a slightly shorter drive!

In Dublin there's obviously LOADS for you to do! Apart from the obvious Guinness Storehouse, the Arlington Hotel right by the river Liffey is a great spot in the evenings and also check out Cafe en Seine (in the day of course!).

Hope you have a great time. (I'm very jealous!).

I lived in Ireland a few years ago and it was GREAT! I lived in a beautiful town called Killarney which is in the South West region (probably a bit far for you to travel). Galway is definately worth a visit if you fancy a slightly shorter drive!

In Dublin there's obviously LOADS for you to do! Apart from the obvious Guinness Storehouse, the Arlington Hotel right by the river Liffey is a great spot in the evenings and also check out Cafe en Seine (in the day of course!).

Cafe en Seine is well worth the visit as well as the traditional Temple Bar area at night. Kilkenny is well worth a visit but maybe a bit far if the visit is only a few days

Guinness store house -- http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/Index.aspx

Clubs ---

1) Spirt (middle abbey street off o connol street) House music 4 floors pole dancers

2) Club Lapello (dame Street) only place in dublin u can get alcohol @4-5am (Irish coffee), its also a lap dance club

3) Saturdays Mid nite at the Gaeity (Stephens green) 4-5 clubs, live band and cinema all in one (normally show rachal welsh films)

4) Copper face Jacks -- (Hardcore street) if u want to get wasted and gaurentee get laid but the ladies are abit ruff depends how may alcoholic beverages u consume

5) D2 (Hardcore street) is good

6) POD/Red box -- really a must to go to as Bono owns them (House music)

7) Coocoon bar -- off Grafton street, eddie urvine owns but it is a ponsie bar so dress up

Ahhh Rach Welsh

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Raquel-Welch-Photograph-C12106530.jpeg

Really dont mind the driving, getting off the beaten path and out of the main cites!

Thanks, will do! I will post some pics when I get back :p

Cafe en Seine is well worth the visit as well as the traditional Temple Bar area at night. Kilkenny is well worth a visit but maybe a bit far if the visit is only a few days

Will give the Cafe a go....

Guinness store house -- http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/Index.aspx

Clubs ---

1) Spirt (middle abbey street off o connol street) House music 4 floors pole dancers

2) Club Lapello (dame Street) only place in dublin u can get alcohol @4-5am (Irish coffee), its also a lap dance club

3) Saturdays Mid nite at the Gaeity (Stephens green) 4-5 clubs, live band and cinema all in one (normally show rachal welsh films)

4) Copper face Jacks -- (Hardcore street) if u want to get wasted and gaurentee get laid but the ladies are abit ruff depends how may alcoholic beverages u consume

5) D2 (Hardcore street) is good

6) POD/Red box -- really a must to go to as Bono owns them (House music)

7) Coocoon bar -- off Grafton street, eddie urvine owns but it is a ponsie bar so dress up

Ahhh Rach Welsh

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Raquel-Welch-Photograph-C12106530.jpeg

Guinness store YES!!!

Not into clubs, I am too old...

:drool: dont think my missus would be too impressed with staring at Raquel Welch all day!!

In that case if u into food, they have a brilliant market in Temple bar (Near music center) ever saturady morning, all fresh food, fish etc

Theres a Italian Quater across the millenium Bridge, some really nice restaurants and Coffee reasonable priced

On Georges street theres a really nice restaurant 78 up from Yamamori Noodles (Really nice sushi and Noodles etc)

http://www.yamamorinoodles.ie/

In that case if u into food, they have a brilliant market in Temple bar (Near music center) ever saturady morning, all fresh food, fish etc

Theres a Italian Quater across the millenium Bridge, some really nice restaurants and Coffee reasonable priced

On Georges street theres a really nice restaurant 78 up from Yamamori Noodles (Really nice sushi and Noodles etc)

http://www.yamamorinoodles.ie/

Now that sounds brilliant!!! Getting hungry already! :D

really that bad? :blink: :search:

In the Republic - yes! (Particularly in Dublin)

Northern Ireland is much cheaper as their economy is UK based.

On the 'Visit Ireland' advert on the TV, the rope bridge you see is in N. Ireland on the north Antrim Coast at Carrickarede not far from the Giants Causeway. (which is also in the advert.) Not sure how many castles you'll get to see on the outskirts of Dublin - but you could always visit Dublin Castle in the city itself. It's quite an interesting visit.

Both North and South are beautiful places. Belfast is a vibrant city these days too. I think the image of Belfast from the past (during 'the troubles') puts a lot of people off going there, but it's well worth a visit.

Then, of course there's the Guinness - enjoy!

:)

In the Republic - yes! (Particularly in Dublin)

Northern Ireland is much cheaper as their economy is UK based.

On the 'Visit Ireland' advert on the TV, the rope bridge you see is in N. Ireland on the north Antrim Coast at Carrickarede not far from the Giants Causeway. (which is also in the advert.) Not sure how many castles you'll get to see on the outskirts of Dublin - but you could always visit Dublin Castle in the city itself. It's quite an interesting visit.

Both North and South are beautiful places. Belfast is a vibrant city these days too. I think the image of Belfast from the past (during 'the troubles') puts a lot of people off going there, but it's well worth a visit.

Then, of course there's the Guinness - enjoy!

:)

Sounds lke I may have to plan some trips over :D

Belfast does have a bit of a bad name, due to the past.

I may just have to stay there, and not come back, with all this talk of guinness :innocent:

Lol I also went last weekend, did Belfast for a couple of days which was grand and then visited Dublin for a few days, Dublin was over priced as hell. Guinness storehouse is amazing and very interesting, Temple bar in the Temple district could have been anywhere in Brighton on a Saturday night, although we did end up finding a pub playing live blues which was fun.

Have to admit Belfast was far nicer and more interesting than Dublin, Plus for a drive you can go to the Giants causeway and see a a bit more castle type stuff. Blefast has a rip off version of the London Eye too and also a new swanky shopping mall with a center spire that you can climb up and see all of Belfast. It's damn high!

Lol I also went last weekend, did Belfast for a couple of days which was grand and then visited Dublin for a few days, Dublin was over priced as hell. Guinness storehouse is amazing and very interesting, Temple bar in the Temple district could have been anywhere in Brighton on a Saturday night, although we did end up finding a pub playing live blues which was fun.

Have to admit Belfast was far nicer and more interesting than Dublin, Plus for a drive you can go to the Giants causeway and see a a bit more castle type stuff. Blefast has a rip off version of the London Eye too and also a new swanky shopping mall with a center spire that you can climb up and see all of Belfast. It's damn high!

If the missus has not bought the tickets yet, may have to change them to Belfast then...