The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been...

imi-7

i thought that jspec cars didnt have to have legal sized number plates as im sure there is a catch somewhere?

i maybe wrong in all this but i have mates who have been stopped and got stupidly small plates on the front and nothing has been said due to this

but like you say i got stopped in my f150 pickup and its also an import so shouldnt matter (but it did ) and all i had was red aroudn each number and letter and they tried taking my truck off me for it but like whats been said already there was a big thing on it at the time round my way so i lost it and told the copper so too

it was 2am loads of drunken arses about fighting and throwing bottles and they just stood there and looked at them and did nothing yet i got all the blues on and they werent hanging about either and got stopped when anyone of those drunken people could of walked out infront of them just for so called illegal plates

does that make it right? i dont think so when a police officer is scraping somone off the road for a £30 fine do you ?

oh and before anyone gets on my case about it my great grandfather was the cheif of police of some parts of lincolnshire and a few others in my family too (so there lol)

matt

sorry rant over lol

Police have the same people in their ranks as we have in the general population:- cowards, a**holes, thieves, w**kers, cnuts, druggies, liers, cheats etc etc :p

Guest mattsupra

I know on that score rick001

i had a massive thing against my local police when something happened and they was in the wrong and i got asked by a cheif inspector "if i can pull anything out of my pocket what will would it be to make it all ok"?

i was wtf is going on here then ?

i am pursuing it still but its not a done thing to be asked that by someone with such high authority in my books i do know

matt

You may find even *buying* (legal) plates is a PITA as bureaucracy has moved into that arena, too. Make sure you have the relevant documents before you try to order the plates....
Seems to be the object of a lot of legislation these days. Inconvenience the law-abiding majority for some fantasy benefit of stopping criminal activity -- cf. Id cards and passport interviews. As if a professional car thief or a terrorist couldn't acquire some "legal" plates without photo id and a log book.

I know on that score rick001

i had a massive thing against my local police when something happened and they was in the wrong and i got asked by a cheif inspector "if i can pull anything out of my pocket what will would it be to make it all ok"?

i was wtf is going on here then ?

i am pursuing it still but its not a done thing to be asked that by someone with such high authority in my books i do know

matt

Can I have that post again in English Matt?:blink: Are you saying the Chief Constable offered to get his c*ck out or have I misread the post?

H.

I think the whole point here is being missed, i would hazard a guess that 80% of us are still driving around on the plates that their Supra came with, most from reputed importers etc, and believed quite legal, then all of a sudden along comes PC "oh look that cars plates are 5mm under size" and nicks you for it, you would then be most peeved! understandably so as you thought your plates where legal.

I have a question....an aquaintance of mine was once 'done' for failing to stop when requested by a police officer.

According to said aquaintance, he was pulled over and the bobby type chap asked him to turn his engine off...said aquaintance refused to turn it staight off as hed been boosting quite high only moments before and he wanted to let the turbo spool down etc etc....he was done there and then.

Is this even remotely feasible or total rubbish ?

I have a question....an aquaintance of mine was once 'done' for failing to stop when requested by a police officer.

According to said aquaintance, he was pulled over and the bobby type chap asked him to turn his engine off...said aquaintance refused to turn it staight off as hed been boosting quite high only moments before and he wanted to let the turbo spool down etc etc....he was done there and then.

Is this even remotely feasible or total rubbish ?

Failing to stop is arrestable these days Ewen. So feasible.