• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Gents et all

I was in the Red Rx7 that joined the Supra Massive for the South Mimms convoy

Good to meet TerribleTuner, met up in Chalfont then went to South Mimms then on To Huntingdon

All went well until we came to depart Huntingdon Travel Inn, not 30 minutes from the venue. Everyone started their engines and started to roar out the car park..........

Apart from me who sat with a clicky clicky noise instead of a running Rex, it wouldn't go then the alarm realised something electical was afoot and proceeded to sound continuously no matter what I did !

Anyway one switched on RAC man later (cheers RAC excellent as usual), and I was on my way again !! Turned out to bea poor connection by the fuse box, soomething as simple as that !! Annoying isn't the word !

Anyway good day, cheers guys !

Dave

Nice you meet you and the girlfriend Dave. Glad you got it going again. Tried looking for you on the RX stand but didn't see the beast.

The bloke with the snapped wheel nuts was Dave S. Last time i spoke to him he had the RAC about to turn up at the car. I guess he was alright in the end after a lucky escape.

Had an excellent weekend, well done Ray.

Many thanks for Tom for constantly feeding Keith, its a full time job and you did fantastically.

Sorry we didn't spend as much time with you guys as we'd have liked, but Keith has split loyalties with the SXOC and spent Saturday evening joining in with the "Yard of Ale, and change a wheel contest".

Well done to Keron - your car is fabulous and well deserved to win :cool:

Yep - well done Ray for being so fiercely sociable and sorting anything you could get your hands on!

Did we win the tug of war? I saw we beat the one club.

I wish I'd stayed and chatted with more people for longer, I was like a puppy running round trying to get a sniff of everything and everyone but not focusing on anything in particular! Sorry to all if I seemed distracted like that.

So, er Ray...... which Alice was that then :conf:

Should I post a link to this thread on the 350 site or shall I resist the temptation

You'll have to wait a bit as he's catching up on this thread. Last time I looked he had only made it to page 19!

Guest Rays the roof

Well that took an hour to read but was worth every minute.

First of all I would like to thank EVERYONE for their help and support over the weekend. We did not win 'Best Stand', but it most certainly was!!

I am having a torrid time in my personal life at the moment and had to let my hair down this weekend. Apologies if I upset anybody! Hopefully not!

1) Special thanks to Col, Martin, Ian, Dale, Wayne, Tom, Si, and many others for keeping me on the straight and narrow (NOT!!).

2) Thanks to Shovels and Simon B for the video and photo's (I hate you both!) Like wise to Mawby for my new profile.

3) OK the big Q. Alice. She is a really great girl and MARRIED. Though we were both a tad tipsy and did spend a little time in the middle of the arena, nowt happened too serious.

4) Highlights for me were definately Dale's hair on fire, Tom's bag of donuts, dishing out the 'Fucking large' pizza's and curries, Jagermeister mixed with Tetley's, Hecklers small rain forrest and the tug of war! We won the first round against a much bigger fitter team - WELL DONE GUYS! But despite my words of encouragement, and at times, camp stance, I am afraid fitness got the better of us in round two. The Mkiii team were as anxious to meet us for a tug and we were to them!!

5) Keron - respect for an impeccable car and being so, so embarrased as we shouted 'Keron we love you' and mexican waved in the final!! LOL

6) Oh and I was at least 6 inches away from Faye's car when I broadsided it. I am sure that there was diesel on the grass!!!

7) Envy - Thanks for the discounted products!

8) Sound off - next time we will do this in a more organised fasion, though it was still tremendous fun.

9) Last but not least, Supraloopy, please will you move you car back a couple of inches mate!!

SEE YOU SOON MY EXTENDED FAMILY!! :thanks:

Ps nobody has mentioned the fact that Martin (who is soon to be married) was too keen to sleep on the same bed as Col... I already had my doubts!!

Was it me or was there was a distinct lack of joe public though?

There used to be loads at the Billing show - or maybe they were just there camping anyway?

Was the event not advertised too well locally or something?

Was it me or was there was a distinct lack of joe public though?

There used to be loads at the Billing show - or maybe they were just there camping anyway?

Was the event not advertised too well locally or something?

I think Joe public were more spread out (bigger show ground and a much bigger stand for us), and the weather certainly would have put off anyone having to travel long distance to get there. Also, the fact Joe public couldn't camp on our stand like last year probably made a difference to the number of them around!

Guest Rays the roof

They had enough fc*king room in the bag of those tanks to ensure their stand was well displayed! I am not at all bitter as you can see - LOL!

But we won best in S'N'S, we won best in S'N'S.

And probably had cars on our stand yesterday to win 2nd, 3rd and 4th prize also!!

:respekt: