The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing it and im a bit disopointed, saying that i am still only dooing the training missions but i find i dont get the old dark agressive vibe from the older GTA's, I think gta 3, vice and san had a better pick up and play you kinda got straight into things, The city is huge I still really need to get to grips with it, every time you steel a car you have to look around as there is so many cops, I think the game will get better as it goes on, also i find the graphics a bit rustic and dark I've had to boost the brighness right up apart from that i think things should improve.

one thing that was pretty cool I seen a guy go to a cash machine so i beat him up and took his money but 3 others started chasing me so be carefull the public look after each other.

I wish they would make the first ever gta in 3d.

I've been playing it and im a bit disopointed, saying that i am still only dooing the training missions but i find i dont get the old dark agressive vibe from the older GTA's, I think gta 3, vice and san had a better pick up and play you kinda got straight into things, The city is huge I still really need to get to grips with it, every time you steel a car you have to look around as there is so many cops, I think the game will get better as it goes on, also i find the graphics a bit rustic and dark I've had to boost the brighness right up apart from that i think things should improve.

one thing that was pretty cool I seen a guy go to a cash machine so i beat him up and took his money but 3 others started chasing me so be carefull the public look after each other.

I wish they would make the first ever gta in 3d.

Can't wait to get this game. what tv are you running it through?

Can't wait to get this game. what tv are you running it through?

I dont have a TV, I use a DLP projector.

:D

For a Idea of size :eyebrows:

Its the best setup ever, I proper love it :D I cant recomend projectors enought I im running it at about 85inch :eyebrows:

The pics look faint and the camera has picked up lines.. like when you take a photo of a monitor, I can assure you the quality is amazing as HD :p

heres GTA vid it is filmed off a lg viewity hense the quality :( sorry about movment I coulnt put the phone on any thing that would be able to see the screen so i had to hold the phone and controle with my mouth :rolleyes: just a short vid to show the game in motion.. quality isnt very good as the video camera on the phone is gash.

Let me know if you want more, i will stack up some dvd boxes and film me play a mission :sly:

Lew.

£130 on the screen and I think £500 on the projector :p cheaper then a 42" lcd :eyebrows: Its a infocus ln72 not the best but i cant honestly justify paying loads, allot of people say projectors are crap, dont last long, are noisy ect blah blah, best thing is to ask yourself is when you go to the pictures do you think to yourself the image is crap, lets face it when you go to a cinema there not very sharp but it never bothers you at all, well my projector has got to be atleast 20x sharper or a better picture then when i go to the cinema, It is amazing! if you want i can get some in movie snaps for a idea, Its sharp, colour is amazing, no rainbowing, as a standard its better then lcd, not by spec but my opinion, lcd is grainy this is like crt which i prefer but massive with hd quality.

Projectors are definitely the best picture for HD IMO. I have a DLP 50" tv and it has the benefits of LCD and CRT rolled into one.

Quite fancy the new panasonic 3lens DLP projector but can't talk the wife into having one in the living room. If i ever win the lottery i will definitely have a TV room with one of them in it. For now its going to be a 50" plasma for me.

Projectors are definitely the best picture for HD IMO. I have a DLP 50" tv and it has the benefits of LCD and CRT rolled into one.

Quite fancy the new panasonic 3lens DLP projector but can't talk the wife into having one in the living room. If i ever win the lottery i will definitely have a TV room with one of them in it. For now its going to be a 50" plasma for me.

allot of people say the bulbs dont last long, well mine should last 2000 to 3000 hours but at £120 a bulb it ante to bad. i have had it over a year and a half and it is showing that 573 hours have been used so a long time left :D if you can afford a supra you can afford a new bulb when the time is due.

All i can say is ive seen a 5ft minge! you wont get that with a 32" tv!

Lew.

allot of people say the bulbs dont last long, well mine should last 2000 to 3000 hours but at £120 a bulb it ante to bad. i have had it over a year and a half and it is showing that 573 hours have been used so a long time left :D if you can afford a supra you can afford a new bulb when the time is due.

Depends how much you use it. The panasonic one i mentioned above is 1080p and the bulbs at the moment are £400 so not cheap when the time comes.

As for how long it lasts, we got our TV in December 2004 and the warning light has just started to flash to let us know that it will need replacing soon. I don't know how soon "soon" is but its been flashing during warm up for a couple of months now.

If you think about it though, £100 a year aint a lot.

What's the handling of the cars like? As good as they've alway been? Only reason I ask is when I watched the end of that video you crashed straight into the wall and I thought you could have made that round a corner :)

indeed the handling of the cars was always great every car was fun to drive

Hmm .. I wouldn't say "every" car as the slowest heaps were really painful but yeah they are great, just hope they've managed to keep the vehicles up to the same standard :)

very true but they still were fun in a handles like a boat kinda way

handles like a boat kinda way

:D

And then there were the boats, some of which were a P.I.T.A. to control but great fun all the same :)

I'll be down to my local Asda at 8am on Tues, meeting up with a mate to get this and praying that they've got loads in stock.

well lads i will take back every thing i said... was playing till 3am once you get into it gets GOOD you start to learn silly little things.. like call 911 on your phone and get the police to show up.

I crashed because i was controlling with my mouth... each car handles different, best to try get a front wheel drive unless you like to drift you can get some sweet corners.. i will record some, I just got laid, i started to date a lady called michealle.. went on a few dates, went too a bar got totally plasterd and had to walk her home as there was no cabs!! when you take her home you get a option to try your luck! she invited me in and bonked her haha!

Its so relistic, i've been mugging people at cash points got myself $800 saved up :D however i've lost my pistol and shotgun as i got arrested tomany times, i plan to play none stop tonight!

forgot to mention the radio is soo good, kayne west flashing lights ect, the music it the strip club is soo good, i got find any prossies though.