The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I had a play of this last night on the 360 round a mates. Some good points and bad points.

Great detail...You can see tread of the tyre on a car for instance. the environment looks great etc.... movie sequences look ok but you can tell a great story line is there.

Bad points the machine just cannot keep up, it does not load quick enough sometimes you can just see it painting in the far distance which is fine, sometimes you'll be up to a building and it will just be a blur and then suddenly it will appear. (This is when in a car) walking running round is fine.

Load times are long but that wont bother me, Im hoping with a bought copy the game the drive can keep up with whats happening on screen and load in time but I just dont see it to be honest.

I hope the ps3 version is better because it installs a bit on the hard drive, no frame rate issues on the 360 though very smooth.

ok I had a play of this last night on the 360 round a mates. Some good points and bad points.

Great detail...You can see tread of the tyre on a car for instance. the environment looks great etc.... movie sequences look ok but you can tell a great story line is there.

Bad points the machine just cannot keep up, it does not load quick enough sometimes you can just see it painting in the far distance which is fine, sometimes you'll be up to a building and it will just be a blur and then suddenly it will appear. (This is when in a car) walking running round is fine.

Load times are long but that wont bother me, Im hoping with a bought copy the game the drive can keep up with whats happening on screen and load in time but I just dont see it to be honest.

I hope the ps3 version is better because it installs a bit on the hard drive, no frame rate issues on the 360 though very smooth.

Oh here we go again, another pro-xbox360 post - let me guess, you have a 360 ?

;)

I'm seriously too excited about this... I've played all the other games to death and still hold the undisputed record for Vigilante on Vice City :)

I've got it pre-ordered from my local Game store and they're having a midnight opening so I'm gonna be hanging around the highstreet on Monday :) got Tues, Wed and Fri booked off next week and bank holiday weekend coming up, so hopefully I'll be a fair way thru it by the end of the week :)

I'm getting it on the 360 as it's got the exclusive content as Rockstar are looking to become best buds with microsoft...

sorry bad wording. I mean you drive down the road and get to the destination...before the shop exists as such :D that was my only grievance last night. but im hoping its ok on release copy.

My seems fine what discs you using? The normal discs i use wouldn't even play it, so i rushed to pc world and got ripped off on some verbatim 10 discs £20 but it was well worth it in the end.

I have had gta 4 on my modded 360 for the past few days;) and this game is the dogs, cant stop playing it. gta4 is the best game i have played in a long time, I dont think there will be 1 single person disappointed with it.

first post is about gta4?

I have had gta 4 on my modded 360 for the past few days;) and this game is the dogs, cant stop playing it. gta4 is the best game i have played in a long time, I dont think there will be 1 single person disappointed with it.

Knock-off Nigel's!!!! :rolleyes:

Only four day's to go :D

My seems fine what discs you using? The normal discs i use wouldn't even play it, so i rushed to pc world and got ripped off on some verbatim 10 discs £20 but it was well worth it in the end.

You spent £20 on discs to burn a dodgy pirate copy of a game that costs £45, a week b4 it's released!!! :rolleyes:

Do you own a supra?

You spent £20 on discs to burn a dodgy pirate copy of a game that costs £45, a week b4 it's released!!! :rolleyes:

Do you own a supra?

£20 divide by 10 = £2 a disc lol ;)

Sorry mate it wasnt mine so wasnt paying attention! I still think it was verbatim though.

BAH! Tesco just emailed me (after taking my money 3 days ago) saying that they may not be able to fufil my order until 1 week after the release date! Did it say that any where on their web site? Did it hint at it on their web site? NO!

That's balls. You could order a special copy from HMV and have it before Tuesday........ Just a thought.

Ah, only Monday at work before I've got the rest of the week off to play it :) - Picking it up from HMV in Bristol at Midnight on the 29th, what's the bet I get a ticket driving back to Cheltenham to play it...

(I don't think I'll be trying out a GTA Live escape from the police up the M5 though)...