The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

I think it's the fear of disappointment tbh, I feel better knowing that I have a copy with my name on it rather than standing outside a shop at midnight with work the next morning lol

Understood :)

The thing that really puts me off pre-ordering were the delays that lots of people had with (for example) the GT5 Prologue release. Most had to wait extra days to get their pre-orded copy, wheras those that hadn't pre-orded just went to a shop and bought it.

Fair enough though, was just curious :)

9 days and counting, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :D

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would get on my tats, Hopefully it will come on the day. I bought mine via HMV and paid for the 1st class postage so fingers crossed. HMV are usually quite good though, when I pre-ordered Kanye Wests' latest album it actually came 3 days before release date.

Wouldn't mind that happening here lol

if you gettin the game get it on xbox as Microsoft have secured exclusive content and a bigger map at the small expense of £25 million. And i to am also getting it early :D cant wait now can see we got some hardcore gamers on here i not alone;) remember trying to buy the original with my dad when i was about 11 or 12 and the stupid cashier telling him it was an 18 and he said my mum would flip so i couldn't have it. i was 1 pis#ed of kid lol

I hadn't heard of the extra content until now, but it seems both versions are likely to get something later in the year. According to Wiki:

Downloadable content

Xbox 360

During Microsoft's 2006 E3 press conference on 9 May, it was announced that Rockstar Games will offer exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version of the game.[46] Peter Moore, the then head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division announced that Rockstar Games is working on two GTA IV downloadable packs exclusively for the Xbox 360, which will be released after the full game.

Moore described downloadable content as "epic episode packs", and not just extra cars or characters. A press release during the conference said that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to the game.[47] The official Xbox website states that these episodes will last a minimum of 10 hours.[48] The Episodes are compared to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in scope[10], CVG reports "the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities"[49]

Jeronimo Barrera, Vice President of Product Development for Rockstar Games, has said that the episodes are an experiment because they are not sure that there are enough users with access to online content on the Xbox 360.[50] Details on the pricing of these downloads have not yet been revealed, though it would almost certainly not be released for free, as Take-Two Interactive's former CEO, Paul Eibeler, has said numerous times that these downloads would provide "additional revenue streams" to the company[citation needed], but Microsoft has said that it will be up to Rockstar on whether or not they will charge for it.[10] Take-Two Interactive's Chief Financial Officer, Lainie Goldstein revealed that Microsoft was paying a total of US $50 million for the two episodes.[51] On 20 February 2008, it was announced that the extra content will be introduced starting August 2008.[52]

PlayStation 3

Downloadable content for the PlayStation 3 was confirmed by Jeronimo Barrera, in the May edition of PlayStation World Magazine.[53] The form that the content will take was not stated.

playstation are just trying to compete with xbox, but not anouncing what content they got shows they aint got nothing special they cant have anything that the xbox has because they have exclusive rights but the xbox could have what gets realesed on ps3. so for me it the box, but it would be interesting to see what it looks like on the ps3. by the way good link here looks like a film lol enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4yx1s-l6f8

So there's going to be no difference between the eggbox and ps versions ?

No difference in the game shipped on the disc. The xbox will have 2 additional download releases which will not be on the PS3...exclusives.

the PS3 will get some game content as well... I suspect you'll find it on the xbox as well because its not exclusive and the xbox downloadable stuff always seems to get released first for some reason.

One thing I don't understand is the point of pre-ordering. Why do so many of you bother with it?

I think this stems from when gaming wasn't such a big thing as it is nowadays and the gaming industry produce enough copies to satisfy the masses. Back when gaming was considered "nerdy" they didn't produce enough copies and people became very frustrated with not being able to get thier hands on the launch day title.

I don't think this applies nowadays, thanks god! Also the midnight opening with people queuing up, that seems to have disappeared :( although this game may well see this brought back :D if it is, I'll be there!!

8 days to go, whooo hooooo :D

One thing I don't understand is the point of pre-ordering. Why do so many of you bother with it?

I already spoke to the local Game store who said they should be receiving their stock towards the end of next week, they said there would be no problem with supply even if people queue out the door.

I've spoken to both Cheltenham Games, and one of the Bristol ones who have said that Game across the country have run out of their allocation of stock just on Pre-Orders, and don't think they'll be able to get any more for 2 weeks after release, GameStation told me the same?...

No difference in the game shipped on the disc. The xbox will have 2 additional download releases which will not be on the PS3...exclusives.

the PS3 will get some game content as well... I suspect you'll find it on the xbox as well because its not exclusive and the xbox downloadable stuff always seems to get released first for some reason.

Cool, thanks mate. Apparently the missus is getting me a PS3 for my anniversay (seems a cool trade for a bottle of perfume :D only kidding ;) )

So I'll grab this for the xbox for now :)

I've spoken to both Cheltenham Games, and one of the Bristol ones who have said that Game across the country have run out of their allocation of stock just on Pre-Orders, and don't think they'll be able to get any more for 2 weeks after release, GameStation told me the same?...

Starting to worry about this. I've never bothered to pre-order before and always been able to find a copy of what I want. But, Game, Play and Amazon are all saying they have sold their allocation !

Starting to worry about this. I've never bothered to pre-order before and always been able to find a copy of what I want. But, Game, Play and Amazon are all saying they have sold their allocation !

Try HMV, I was able to pre-order one at the end of last week without any hassles, you may be able to do it online too...

Has it had an unofficial review yet? I've had all the GTA's, and i have to say, for this to be any good its got to be fresh. GTA San Andreas was cr&p - get a car, drive somewhere, pick something up. snore. the maps were so vast too it just got tedious

Has it had an unofficial review yet? I've had all the GTA's, and i have to say, for this to be any good its got to be fresh. GTA San Andreas was cr&p - get a car, drive somewhere, pick something up. snore. the maps were so vast too it just got tedious

its had loads of reviews getting 10/10 etc... what i mean is we will get some use reviews of people who have played it.

It will be massive but it has multiplayer and other things so it should be fresh.

i've heard rumours that this will be on the shelves of some supermarkets tonight (12am) by someone on another forum, can't see this being true though.

Cant wait to get it :)

its not going to happen. some small time back street shop that managed somehow to recieve their delivery early maybe but a super market?! :blink: i highly doubt it