The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why PS3 as opposed to 360 for those buying a console just to play this?

A valid point and with the low price of the 360 now it makes sense but I'd want to buy a PS3 when Gran Turismo comes out so I might as well get one earlier.

And the free online gaming as mentioned above of course.

Yeah I'm also waiting for the PS3 with GTA4 Bundle :D Now the HD vs BluRay fight is over I want to buy a BluRay player, and the PS3 one is the best to opt for at the moment. Don't have time to play games really but GTA will be great to switch on, cause mayhem and destruction for an hour then turn off again ;)

I can't wait for this either, had ps3 for over a year now and just been waiting for this game. Also, I believe the xbox version has been 'downsized' due to the hd disc not being able to take as much data as the blu-ray.

There was problems for them to fit it on the DVD (blu ray has a much bigger storage capacaty) however not heard it was cut down in size.

Hmm are there any decent chances of getting a copy from Tesco at midnight? Did that for Pro Evo, got a copy easily. Dunno whether to preorder or chance it at midnight...

I would reserve a copy then go down at midnight to pick it up, save being disappointed.

I would reserve a copy then go down at midnight to pick it up, save being disappointed.

Can you do that? Looked on the webby and it just says delivery on release date, i might be being blind though :D Or do you mean reserve a copy and go down anyway and possibly end up with 2 copies? Cheers

Can you do that? Looked on the webby and it just says delivery on release date, i might be being blind though :D Or do you mean reserve a copy and go down anyway and possibly end up with 2 copies? Cheers

I'm talking about ordering a copy in store and actually picking it up at midnight, should be no problem, I think Asda usually do this, my brother done it when Pro Ev came out.

Even if you ended up with a spare copy you could probably put it on Ebay and make a few quid when the shops run dry.:eyebrows:

Can't wait for this either, haven't pre-ordered yet, went into Game in Southampton the other day and asked if they were doing the midnight opening and they couldn't tell me :(

I've booked the 29th & 30th off just to play this, will probably go into Asda after dropping the youngest off for school and then pick it up from their hopefully large stash :)

One thing I don't understand is the point of pre-ordering. Why do so many of you bother with it?

I already spoke to the local Game store who said they should be receiving their stock towards the end of next week, they said there would be no problem with supply even if people queue out the door.

One thing I don't understand is the point of pre-ordering. Why do so many of you bother with it?

I already spoke to the local Game store who said they should be receiving their stock towards the end of next week, they said there would be no problem with supply even if people queue out the door.

I think it's the fear of disappointment tbh, I feel better knowing that I have a copy with my name on it rather than standing outside a shop at midnight with work the next morning lol