The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

I'm on a good old fashioned CRT, Toshiba 36" jobby, so I'm down on resolution but the brightness shouldn't be too much of a factor.

I've cranked the in-game settings up to 100% but I've yet to mess with the TV, bit of a PITA having to adjust settings on that just to play a game and then adjust them back again for TV.

Edit - nevermind, misread! Thats strange that the ingame settings didn't work, they're pretty broad ranging. I think it's designed for HD setups TBH :( I have problems reading the text messages on the mobile on the projection TV... The resolution the game runs at is far too high for it.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit - nevermind, misread! Thats strange that the ingame settings didn't work, they're pretty broad ranging. I think it's designed for HD setups TBH :( I have problems reading the text messages on the mobile on the projection TV...

The in-game settings certainly helped, just not enough :)

Only thing I'm slightly annoyed about, is having to register with Rockstar to access their Social Club, why it can't be linked directly to your Live sign in ID is beyond me :search:

Anyone can fake their age on their site so it's not exactly that safe from underage eyes :rolleyes:

you have to do them to a cirtain extent. you have to become there friend to get the missions. and as far as i know if you dont keep there favour then you dont get the missions. I dont quite see the point of the girlfriend tho.

She always seems suspicious of your criminal activites... But doesnt seem bothered when you land on the road outside her house and pick her up in a helecopter with massive chainguns strapped to them. She isnt blonde... so i cant explane it.

She always seems suspicious of your criminal activites... But doesnt seem bothered when you land on the road outside her house and pick her up in a helecopter with massive chainguns strapped to them. She isnt blonde... so i cant explane it.

The questions she asks all the time make her sound like an undercover cop.

Maybe she is, either way she beat me at pool so I hate her now.

The hype was huge, 10/10 on ign, people claiming it will be game of the year...

Same kind of people who gave BioShock 100% I suppose - they have been playing console games for 3 years and think they've seen it all :shrug: Laughable, when it was System Shock II with most of the features, 90% of the plot and atmosphere, and all the multiplayer removed and some shiny graphics engine bolted on.

I'm sure GTA4 is fun, and I'd like to play it at some point when I can face the ghastly "control" method on someone else's shiny box of ADDness, but game of the year? A console drivey shooter? In early May? I think not. Silly people carried away by fancy graphics and people swearing.

-Ian

Same kind of people who gave BioShock 100% I suppose - they have been playing console games for 3 years and think they've seen it all :shrug: Laughable, when it was System Shock II with most of the features, 90% of the plot and atmosphere, and all the multiplayer removed and some shiny graphics engine bolted on.

I'm sure GTA4 is fun, and I'd like to play it at some point when I can face the ghastly "control" method on someone else's shiny box of ADDness, but game of the year? A console drivey shooter? In early May? I think not. Silly people carried away by fancy graphics and people swearing.

-Ian

Might have to agree with you there. Its good, v.good, but the year isnt over yet like you say

Removed by Homer

Well that was a really good post to spoil it for people who haven't got there yet (luckily I'm past that bit)! :blink:

By the way, yes you do have to keep up a relationship with certain people as it can help later in missions, especially if you've lost all your guns etc due to your own complete stupidity of being arrested and then forgetting you've got no guns until you come to do a mission about an hour later :swearsign: