The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

Found a mini challenge (like the packkages) you've got to shoot 100 pigeons... 'flying rat challenge' first one I found was at the old hospital mission in one of the upper windows...

anyone had a high speed collision straight on yet? I went straight through the windscreen! awesome :)

Bikes are a nightmare due to the braking...

Major question is as I've unlocked all the Islands.... where is the Supra???? they had one in GTA SA!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone had a high speed collision straight on yet? I went straight through the windscreen! awesome :)

haha did that first time i got into a car! cracked me up so i did it again :)

why arnt people dropping money on the floor when i run them over like they used to? or am i being blind :(

haha did that first time i got into a car! cracked me up so i did it again :)

why arnt people dropping money on the floor when i run them over like they used to? or am i being blind :(

they do but im finding not a lot of people carry money and if they do its like $20 :blink:

Managed 16 hours yesterday - It read "thats some good sh*t!" :D

no no, later on in the game, about 24%, you have to choose between 2guys, which one 2 kill. just wondering if any1's made a bad choice

I killed playboy, anybody here kill dwayne?

I did have to make another choice on the middle island to chose to let a woman live or die, let her live but whether I've made the right choice isn't known despite the conversation that happened afterwards :search:

I let her live :D

i played online with some mates in free roaming.

3 of us went up in the chonock helicopters and chased the other 3 in their sports cars :D

the amount of cars / people it can deal with is amazing and it was only set to medium!

lol me and 5 others also did that, then we all stuck together and got our wanted level up to the max and saw how long we could all last at 1 point i counted over 15 cop cars 3 swat vans 2 heli's and a boat as we where on the beach lol put up a good fight though:D

I killed playboy, anybody here kill dwayne?

Oh, although I'm up to 30% I haven't seen that bit yet!... But I guessed it was coming, that was blatant as soon as Dwayne was introduced...

This is great online! I think we should all hook up in party mode. :)

Agreed, I tried online for the first time today, and loved it :) - I'm trying to figure out if you can do missions over Live, as my mate thinks you can (Although I'm a bit dubious about that)...

Still havent tried it online i think i will do a bit later on tonight :)

I managed to do this today though... I think i need to get my tracking sorted...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9687/imgp0546rg9.jpg

I have a video as well as watching it drive after was funny.

I was on full throttle for most of the vid.. it wouldnt go up hills :(

1Ax-IekMEls

My game keeps locking up, sometimes when it's loading for the first time, sometimes when I answer the phone and then if it loads up and I don't move within a minute or two does it then.

Anyone else had this?

Also if I switch the PS3 on and the game is inserted it always starts up instead of staying at the menu and letting me decide I want to play it - Prologue didn't do this, I presume it's not normal?

As someone mentioned earlier on in the thread the darkness is really annoying, even with the brightness right up it's a strain to see properly at times, I guess I'll get used to it the more I get into the game but at the moment it's not really doing it for me like the previous ones did. More time needed on it I suspect, I've not been playing long.

Had a good dig on it today......... but its just vice city and san andreas with slightly better graphics.

The hype was huge, 10/10 on ign, people claiming it will be game of the year...

Its average at best, and just a rehash of the tired old format.

Going to keep going though, hopefully it will get better as others had said but i've just wasted a few hours today :(

I've not had any problems with lockups on the PS3, in fact it runs completely smooth with no errors/freezes; but agree that the darkness can be a bit of a PITA. I'm using a projection TV so it's not the best for brightness, but cranking the contrast and brightness to about 80% has made it far better.

Presumably you have an LCD Michael? Does it have a low contrast ratio? I've heard that ones with lower contrast ratios (below 1000:1) have problems with the game.

P.s, why is it so dark, getting really fed up with everything being so browny. and the pop up.. :rolleyes:

I suppose its because i had high hopes, if they just told me it was going to be average then maybe i wouldnt be so disappointed

P.s, why is it so dark, getting really fed up with everything being so browny. and the pop up.. :rolleyes:

I suppose its because i had high hopes, if they just told me it was going to be average then maybe i wouldnt be so disappointed

Have you adjusted the contrast and brightness levels to match your TV? It's something that a lot of people have complained about, but adjusting them seems to work for most.

Merged Matt's new thread with this one. No sense having two seperate ones for the same topic.

this one has spoilers in apparantly so didnt want to accidently read anything about the story line during my moaning... anyway

Have you adjusted the contrast and brightness levels to match your TV? It's something that a lot of people have complained about, but adjusting them seems to work for most.

i've whacked the brightness right up but then things start to fade that are brighter than the rest... the balance isnt there

depends what you look for in a game. Ive got all the previous incarnations of it and love it purely for the fact of what you can do in it rather than how pretty it looks. Th freedom to do anything is what makes the series great for me...

Merged Matt's new thread with this one. No sense having two seperate ones for the same topic.

thats where it went! I was mid read as well! :lol:

Presumably you have an LCD Michael? Does it have a low contrast ratio? I've heard that ones with lower contrast ratios (below 1000:1) have problems with the game.

I'm on a good old fashioned CRT, Toshiba 36" jobby, so I'm down on resolution but the brightness shouldn't be too much of a factor.

I've cranked the in-game settings up to 100% but I've yet to mess with the TV, bit of a PITA having to adjust settings on that just to play a game and then adjust them back again for TV.

this one has spoilers in apparantly so didnt want to accidently read anything about the story line during my moaning... anyway

As mentioned many times in the thread it takes a while to adjust to the game, but once things get underway you'll understand why the ratings are so high. It's difficult to explain why without adding spoilers, so the other thread woudn't have gone anywhere. You need to be a good few hours into the game before you get a picture of the scope.