The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Now with spoilers - w00t!!!1

Pot

Just went home for lunch and had my first go. Just drove around for half an hour. Best bit by far has to be crashing into a wall at speed and watching him fly through the windscreen. I'm easily pleased!

Anyone else thing the shadows are way 2 dark? even in the daytime you go into a shaddow and its like being in the pitch black and i end up crashing into things.Half the time if the sun isnt directly overhead or is at 90 deg to the building face you cant see the door to a building or anything. very frustrating.

I found this at first, couldn't see a thing. Have you tried pausing and adjusting the brightness and contrast on the pause menu. Worked for me.:D

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 720p for both consoles. PS3 uses upscalling for 1080p.

I think you're wrong mate, from what ive read on various forums the ps3 is not true 720p like other games werent on xbox and ps3. but not to worry its made up in other areas hence very little viewable difference.

Ohh and I read today on xbox you can listen to your own Mp3 collection when in the car so your not stuck with radio stations, dont know if you can do on ps3 but dont see any reason why not, so thought that was cool.

I think you're wrong mate, from what ive read on various forums the ps3 is not true 720p like other games werent on xbox and ps3. but not to worry its made up in other areas hence very little viewable difference.

Ohh and I read today on xbox you can listen to your own Mp3 collection when in the car so your not stuck with radio stations, dont know if you can do on ps3 but dont see any reason why not, so thought that was cool.

Yeah i found the same info on Xbox forums. PS3 forums are saying its 1080p but its not.

In reviews they are both said to be true 720p. It also said they are both 1080p compatible.

I was about to write a horrible message to you all, wishing you a slow painful death from limp-wristicits as my copy still hadn't arrived.

Then the door went, the postman had tried to deliver it this morning but nobody was home, so he decided to take my parcel home with him and come down to post it in his own free time, what a legend!:D:d:d

Well It's awesome :) I'm about a third of the way through the story mode... there were easily about 70 people waiting outside our local game last night :) mental played it til three and fell asleep and have been back on since 6:30 til now...

only critisicm is that the cars are far too easy to roll...

only critisicm is that the cars are far too easy to roll...

Really? I haven't rolled one car yet even when I tried - dunno why but I seem to be looking after my cars as they look so gorgeous :)

Had a great drive round in a Viperesqe car this afternoon, flames spitting from both side exhausts, brilliant drive and once I'd got the hang of the handbrake turns the slides round corners are great ... my only complaint would be the brakes are utter poo on all cars :)

Played about 3 hours today doing the basic missions. I'm absolutely loving it, for me it's lived up to the hype. Very funny too, the comments from pedestrians and the Nico character made me lol time and again. It's great fun making Nico go flying through the windscreen :D

my only complaint would be the brakes are utter poo on all cars :)

Agreed, I think the cars are much more realistic which has made the braking seem to take ages. The driving is the most difficult part to get used to, but IIRC it's no so different from every other GTA release.

the comments from pedestrians

Yep, couldn't agree more, they are just fantastic ... I lost my car at one point and was just about to walk off when a woman walked past me on her mobile "Yeah .. I'm gonna go commando tonight" ... couldn't help but follow her listening to her talking about her date that night :D

Agreed, I think the cars are much more realistic which has made the braking seem to take ages. The driving is the most difficult part to get used to, but IIRC it's no so different from every other GTA release.

Yeah it took me a while to get used to the driving styles and realising that the brakes were awful, now found that driving round corners constantly handbraking and fishtailing up the road are the best way :) very realistic indeed and I think like you, the more I play it the more I get used to working out turning / drifting points ... oh and trying to remember where all the bumps and jumps are :D

My eyes have gone square, and now I've developed a mild Eastern European accent :)

I'm about 16% through according to the stats page, and loving it :) - Haven't made him go through the windscreen yet, I'll do that after tea :)

Just seen it's got a 10/10 rating on Gamespot, the first time they've ever given a perfect score. IGN also rated it 10/10, I think thats the first time this decade.

My opinion here is that its a bit of a let down so far

Reasons Jon? Are you very far into the game yet? I was a bit disapointed at the begining, but think it was just a case of getting used to some of the new features and physics.

Just seen it's got a 10/10 rating on Gamespot, the first time they've ever given a perfect score. IGN also rated it 10/10, I think thats the first time this decade.

Reasons Jon? Are you very far into the game yet? I was a bit disapointed at the begining, but think it was just a case of getting used to some of the new features and physics.

agree homer, at first i was the same until you get used to things and im sure further down the missions you will begin to love the game even more

I'm about 16% through according to the stats page, and loving it :) - Haven't made him go through the windscreen yet, I'll do that after tea :)

Snap, although I can't see myself getting 100% either :) I'll be back on later tonight till the early hours though cracking on with some more missions :)

My opinion here is that its a bit of a let down so far

One of the strangest posts so far, explanation needed for statements like that!?!?

I'd agree with a fair few people who have mentioned about it being very dark, turning the brightness up either on the tv or the ingame will help dramatically! Also has anyone else noticed that the overall sound recording levels are very very low? I usually play on my other games in the evening when it's quite around sound level 5 on my tv, last night I had to have it turned up to 15 just to hear the game and this morning I had it up to 25 to listen properly. Anyone else noticed this?

for anyone that doesnt know, dont try and get onto the other islands, instant 6 stats for the fuzz!!!

nah, that is a qaulity idea,

used to do it on the old version, i must get this gamem just not had the time today.

i used to get on the other island and see how far i could run whilst staying alive.

or just go on a rampage, and see how many stars i could get before shot, lol