The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the best wax/polish around at the min?

JamieP

What the best option for a n00b to use who hasn't got the time and is too scared to go for the full clay bar -> wax route?

I just wash at the mo, only started using the 2 bucket method before Christmas, use some basic polish every so often (which I guess is partly abbrasive and adds some laquer at the same time?). Anything better I could be doing without spending loads of time/money?

The polish Peter sells is pretty good and very easy to use.

The polish I use at the moment is Sonax, but I'm aware that it's probably not the best thing for the paint to just wash it and maybe polish every month or so.

I'd rather have a full clay and polish and clearcoat done, then I can maintain it, but I wondered what other options there are.

Victoria Concours

Been using this for a couple of months now and very impressed with it. Had the swissvax saphir which looks amazing on the black, very temted by the BOS as well but being honest I don't see that big a difference between some of my £30 waxes and the sub £100 ones :(

I know the durability is a lot better but I like going out and topping it up ever few weeks so not an issue there :innocent:

So much of this wax lark is hype and marketing IMO but great excuse for buying new toys :D