The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apache Gunship :)

Shovels

i was asleep on top of a challenger 2 on excersice a few years back and i was woken up by one of those :D inches above my head it was, nearly sh1t myself

was that when we did the trials for them and they were cr*p as fcuk and couldnt see our tanks?

was on tes(laser quest for the guys that dont know) with these last lear and i went to shoot a few down with an RPG and i got one(i cheated a bit) and the 2nd one flew round and dissapeared behind the tree line

2 mins later i was tracked and shot

when we watched it on the vedeo playback they saw me 10 mins before but assesed i wasnt a threat, but kept tracking me.

seeing them fly about is amazing and looks like fun

Very nice, living just south of BAE Warton, I get to see the Typhoon/Eurofighter most days for their final shakedown before delivery to the customer.

http://hotshots.eurofighter.com/ef_upl0d/2007/rs/20071122134642629_7_rs.jpg

I'm just waiting to see the F35 in action now :D

The best bit was where you could hear, but couldn't see them, then all of a sudden it rose up from behind the trees and came straight towards us. Couldn't imagine what it would be like in the battlefield as an enemy seeing one coming.

Very few Enemy did see them coming!!!!! they are an awesome sight, and it feels quite reasurring to have them flying above you when you out and about!

richie

I was at Shawbury once where they assemble the Longbow recovering one of our jets, its awesome! When they were testing the systems they picked up a radio transmission, told you distance, elevation, direction and assessed the threat all in the blink of an eye. Turned out to be ham radio lol.