The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nissian 300zx TT whats the deal?

The Raven

the older ones are definately showing there age and becoming tired but they are nice to drive and you get a great car for the money providing you get a good one, I'd stay away from the real cheapies as you'll probably be buying a can of worms.

I work next door to one of the most knowledgable 300zx mechanics in the country who has a SWB model up for sale shortly, fresh engine rebuild with ported/flowed heads and I believe it has ACL bearings too, it's an auto in black, I can give you his number if your looking for some advice, your not that far away either!

They are quick, had a play with one a while back - I was on 1.2bar and it kept up pretty well until it got to very high speeds(compared to a micra obviously;)) and then I started pulling away.

At the next roundabout he pulled up beside and had a full bucket seat with racing harness, must've had something under there:eyebrows:

I quite like them, pass one every morning on way to work and it always draws my attention.

Go to a Jap meet and speak to some of the owners about it if you're seriously interested. You get a lot for you money

I built this after 2 years of owning one, it was great fun at the time but looking back now I wish I had of spent the money on a supra as you get so much more for your money. The 300zx is a pig to work on, you need special hands to get to anything in the engine bay, i was forever working on it, it did make a nice paper weight for the drive :)

best thing to do if you get one is buy a manual as the gearbox conversion will be worth something like the supra. Soon as the turbos blow break it, as its an eninge out job to change them.

Double ban!!:blink:

I'll go for a Triple!... Only for the unsuitableness of the post, although I do really like the 300ZX...

It was only last night I was watching Timecop, where they have a shopping centre with a 300ZX as a demonstration car in :)

lol, its like any car if its been modified/maintained properly with the right bits etc car will look good, whether its a 300zx/supra

i love supras;) only thing i dont is the front end/headlights

I used to like them but they haven't aged well IMO! The Supra is a much better looking car, especially from the rear....;)

H.

It was only last night I was watching Timecop, where they have a shopping centre with a 300ZX as a demonstration car in :)

Found it :) - Searched the avi I have on here :)

http://www.mr-pot.co.uk/pictures/random/300zx.jpg

I used to like them but they haven't aged well IMO! The Supra is a much better looking car, especially from the rear....;)

H.

I agree totally.

300zx have a nice shape...but they are no match for the muscular lines of the Supra IMO :)