The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 Supra TT automatic red

redtwinturbo

Unfortunately the time has come to sell the supra :(

It’s a red 1993 (K) Jap import twin turbo automatic. It has MOT until March 2009 and tax until August 2008.

We are looking for £4250 ono :)

I’m advertising this car on behalf of my parents, they are the first UK owners since it was imported. This car has had a mature lady owner and has never been driven hard. A new house and job means its time for a new owner.

•Low mileage – only 82,000 miles. (94,700 km in Japan and 23,433 miles in the UK)

•Regularly serviced at garages including cambelt change approx 19,000 miles ago.

•Engine completely standard – has never been run above stock boost or modified in any way. It runs great with no smoke.

•Always run on Optimax/V-power and has been warmed up and cooled down carefully.

•All the usual extras; remote central locking, electric windows, PAS, A/C, stock traction control, electric drivers seat.

•The J-spec lights are nice and clear, no yellow/cloudyness.

Extras (all fitted in Japan apart from the CD player & alarm):

•Momo race steering wheel.

•HKS turbo timer.

•17 inch Work alloy wheels.

•Sony headunit with 6 CD multichanger in the boot.

•Cat 1 Alarm/immobiliser.

This sounds great, but why so cheap I hear you cry?

There are a few problems, mostly cosmetic that I will do my best to describe, I am not out to mislead anybody and therefore will be as honest as I possibly can.

The bodywork needs some TLC (see pictures), main points:

•The front bumper is scratched and is chipped on one side near the wheel arch (thanks to the garage at our old house which was a very tight squeeze).

•There are two stone chips at the front of the bonnet.

•The lacquer on the paint has kind of ‘peeled’ a bit in a couple of small localised patches – on one of the wing mirrors and on the rear wing.

•There is a dent in the rear quarter panel.

•The wheels could benefit from a refurb.

The rest of the paintwork is in generally good condition although there are some other expected light scratches/imperfections found in a car of this age. I am confident a number of these could be removed by someone with the correct knowledge/

equipment.

I am not a mechanic but am fairly sure that the front brake discs and pads need changing and probably the rears as well. These can be obtained easily either new or second hand here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=141408

The car also has a very intermittent starting problem, suspected to be the common problem of the starter motor contacts needing to be refurbished. It will almost always start perfectly second try. It has an almost new battery.

The active spoiler was removed in Japan.

There is a private plate on the car at the moment which can be included in the sale.

I really have tried to be as honest as possible here and have described everything as it is, these problems are minor and the car would make a brilliant project/base car for big things. I respect the fact that the car isn’t perfect – I know cheap prices can be off putting but I am aware of the current market and am trying to be realistic. With a small amount of work you really could have a lovely car.

It has been greatly loved and will be sorely missed.

Any questions please post here or PM. If you would like to chat contact me for my number.

Thanks for looking,

James :)

The bad bits:

(The dent is not as big as it looks in this last pic, if you look carefully the top of 'the dent' is the shadow from my legs/head! :innocent:)

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.