The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted Supra Non Turbo - Could Swap/Part Exchange Subaru Impreza Type RA

Guest essex_jamie

Guest essex_jamie

Wanted is a Toyota Supra Non-Turbo i dont mind standard or modified as long as engine and gearboxis in good condition then thats what matters the most. General bpdywork condition to be ok don't want any rust bukets but i do not min stone chips or the odd car park dent as the usual with most cars.

Located in Essex

**Would be interested in swap/part exchange for a Toyota Supra Non-Turbo Uk spec or Import With My Subaru Impreza Type RA**

For sale my much loved Impreza WRX Type RA (RA stands for Race Altered and is a lightweight factory spec'd road/race car) is in pristine white with no dents or chips, it has a stunning shine, it has only a few key modifications which I will list along with some nice choice styling mods, but only genuine Subaru body parts used on exterior. It's has 6 months tax and 1 year MOT. It has done 149km so around 91k, it had cam belt changed at 111km so that’s around 69k.

It has no mechanical issues or electrical, turbo, engine, diff and gearbox all strong.

Has been in the country around 3years so no rust issues at all it has none. Due to being an import and the person before me not getting a lot of paperwork is doesn’t have history, but I have receipts for what I have bought, it has had a recent oil and filter changed done by my uncle at John Pease Peugeot (Subaru Filter with Mobil 1 oil), car is always run on optimax and always allowed to warm up before going over 2k revs, car has turbo timer that is automatic detection so it adjusts the cool down time accordingly.

Standard interior spec with Nardi Subaru edition steering wheel, and G-Reddy turbo timer.

Standard Type RA spec:

Aluminium lightweight Type RA doors

Aluminium lightweight Type RA bonnet.

Aluminium lightweight Type RA boot.

5th injector

Intercooler water spray

Close ratio gearbox

112MPH limited

240BHP

No electric mirrors

No electric windows

No central locking

Air con

No tints on the windows unlike standard WRX'S / STI'S

Only one interior light (Others have front and rear)

No boot plastic covers (i.e. around the lights and to cover the panels)

No boot or bonnet sound deadening.

All these lightweight saving items by Subaru soon add up by not having all the motors for electric's etc it save's it a lot of weight. some people have asked as it has no electric windows or mirrors is it a cheap version, its not at all these are Type RA spec's for it be as close to a road rally car as you can get. Anyway less electric the less to go wrong I think.

This is the Type RA model so these make it the lightweight race altered car it is. It is very quick and handles so well, its close ratio box and lightweight shell make it one of the ultimate impreza's. The early Type RA's which mine is, it's rumoured to have a hand built engine but I’m not 100% on that.

Performance Modifications:

HKS Turbo back

HKS Up-pipe

Blitz Cone air-filter

Tein -30mtm Springs

G-Reddy turbo timer

EBC Brake Pads

Still limited to 112MPH and never been chipped which I believe a good thing.

The modifications help to improve the car's breathing a lot and should see it at around 260 - 270BHP

Styling modifications:

Genuine Subaru Impreza Type RA STI rear spoiler

Genuine GC8 Subaru Impreza Side skirts

Genuine Impreza STI lower lip

Scooby parts WRC Blue mud flaps

Clear Side repeaters

Clear Front indicators

17" Devil 5 spoke Death star alloys

Thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser.

Has Type RA side door decals and Front window tuner decals all that can be professionally removed if wanted.

The car doesn’t have a horrible fog light hanging off the back like most imports, instead for the UK rules and MOT it has a fog light professional fog light conversion in which the drivers side rear reverse light has been changed to a fog light with a switch inside the car, this is the correct colour and brightness for a UK fog light and is a great little conversion.

Also the car does now have central locking on the front doors due to the added Thatcham approved alarm.

(Please note the front indicators have since been replaced to crystal clear ones, not the smoked grey ones as in picture's, and the rear spoiler has been re-sprayed in the correct genuine Subaru RA white, using genuine Subaru paint, the pictures are with the spoiler when i first bought it off a STI which wasn't the same shade white.)

Just to add this is the third Impreza I have owned and its by far the best, just the way its so light and they way in which it accelerates is superb, and the handling is awesome it's very well poised, direct and balanced.

I'm selling due to the fact i have had three Impreza's and feel i just need a change now for the Impreza WRX Turbo's and really would like a Integra Type R.

Offers are welcome price does reflect the condition off the car, there is cheaper out there and more expensive but you pay for what you get, and i believe this car is up there with the more expensive but at a more reasonable price.

Thanks Jamie

[email protected]

07849 314385

£4800 o.n.o

Guest essex_jamie

Thanks tooquicktostop, ok import is cool as all the impreza's and mr2 have all been imports, i just need a car tht i dont spend time an money set-up, buying bigger turbo's then bigger intercoolers etc.

so i think a supra is a good n/a, an i suppose i could always single turbo conversion it lol :)

Guest goldwheels

Hi Jamie, have you seen my non turbo auto for sale in classifieds? It is up for £3200 and in really good condition.Any questions, please feel free to ask? Regards JON

Ps. i think its on page 4.

Guest essex_jamie

cars seem to bit slow on the for sale front not sure if it's to do with this credit crunch thats going on.

I sold my cosworth in 1 day, my first wrx which is nothing to this impreza in 3days, i hate waitin around for a sale when i just want to buy

Guest essex_jamie

thanks supragirlie, it it priced right in the middle of what they go for and his is pretty much spot on mint bu i may drop it to £4500 next week

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.