The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track car?

JamieP

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As its a track car I reckon you'll probably strip the interior, but just worth a mention I drove a stock one and it felt far too cosy and I'm 6''3, I remember from prvious posts that you are quite a tall lad,

I suppose nothing a bucket seat and brackets wouldnt sort out;)

As its a track car I reckon you'll probably strip the interior, but just worth a mention I drove a stock one and it felt far too cosy and I'm 6''3, I remember from prvious posts that you are quite a tall lad,

I suppose nothing a bucket seat and brackets wouldnt sort out;)

Yea i thought of that and would check out how i fit in one before i took on a project, but as you say yes it would be stripped with a pair of carbon buckets, id like to use it for a bit of everything, Track/drift/drag.... just have a bit of fun really.:)

Congratulations mate.

Why not get a cheap RZ 6 speed and strip it to it's knickers?

Though I'll replace my GZ with an M3 I wouldn't have one as a track car, everything can and will break and they are hideously expensive to fix. My brother has just bought his second after flogging his moneypit of a 3.2 evo. Admittedly this new one is a peach but it was big money for an E36 and still needs money spent on it.

Thanks.

Yea i think a 6speed RZ would be decent stripped but i fancy doing something a bit different, saying that after speaking with RXV8 about the costs of building his V8 supra and with him saying he would never do it again im having second thoughts now:D

Get an unloved MR2T rev1 in an unpopular colour, strip it, have Knight Racer do a cheap blow-over so you can stomach looking at it, get some 17inch KEI D1's, big brakes, a GT3071R turbo with internal wastegate, aussie mani, LINK ecu, GReddy intercooler, perhaps some internals and cams, hand it to Ryan to map and BOSH you've got a 450bhp 1100kg pocket rocket.

Plan?

Get an unloved MR2T rev1 in an unpopular colour, strip it, have Knight Racer do a cheap blow-over so you can stomach looking at it, get some 17inch KEI D1's, big brakes, a GT3071R turbo with internal wastegate, aussie mani, LINK ecu, GReddy intercooler, perhaps some internals and cams, hand it to Ryan to map and BOSH you've got a 450bhp 1100kg pocket rocket.

Plan?

To small, id look ridiculous getting out of that:D

Ok I would rip the p*ss royaly if he got one of those, these things look like radio control cars they are so small! Make Elises look like HumVees by comparison!

some buzz for track tho man, 15k revs in every gear pulling hard :D

• 5 months later...

Nice one, would be great fun on track.

While at Brands on tues I went out in a stock old style scooby, the grip was insane from a stock motor on normal road tires, could have done with a better IC though as two hard laps and it was getting damn hot.

For cheap thrills on track is was so funny :D