The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track car?

JamieP

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was behind one of these in Upminster the other day, it had the x pack exhaust and sounded like thunder, it was quick to, a snip at 6K, Top Gear loved the way it handled on the track, lots of power potential from that engine aswell, I would be up for this if I did not have too many cars already, Pig you take PX on a Camaro and NA Supra :D

Sorry mate. It already is a part ex.

Why not just buy a proper race car and trailer it? Then even the most exotic road car based things will seem pitifully slow, and they are generally more reliable to boot.

Didnt even think about that. Can you get them for under 10k though?

edit: by the way chris, those race pads you sold me were FANTASTIC. Thanks very much

Why not just buy a proper race car and trailer it? Then even the most exotic road car based things will seem pitifully slow, and they are generally more reliable to boot.

Even though my F27 is not a full on race car it is designed for track use and buying the F27 was one of the best things i did. Cheap to run, easy to repair, easy to trailer (only weighs 470kg), plus loads of available spare parts. Like different diff ratio's etc for which ever track you are racing on.

Im sure the passengers at the weekend who got a ride will agree that something like this is just in a different league in the corners and goes damn well on the straights as well. Think it was only the supra's that beat it in a striaght line.

Might be a different story when i have the turbo on though :D

Ryan

If you want pics of the car and a vid of it reving please pm me your email address. Too many to upload.

P.S - Mods please be aware i will not be making any money out of selling this car im purely putting it up incase any of the members are interested.

If you want pics of the car and a vid of it reving please pm me your email address. Too many to upload.

P.S - Mods please be aware i will not be making any money out of selling this car im purely putting it up incase any of the members are interested.

Noted :)

my F27

Pics? :)

I'd love a track car too, but I suspect it'll end up being a road legal one as otherwise I'd need to not only buy a trailer, but also a car to pull it (no I'm not sticking a tow bar on the Supra).

I've been thinking about a mk1 MX-5 for a while...

Jamie, not sure if you still have your heart set on a BMW. We have a trade in MG ZT V8 4.6l mustang engine. X power (which i think are a mod company hence different exhaust etc.)

i think its an 05 plate with 31K on the clock. In black and just over 6K - RWD but crap brakes. Let me know if you want more info and pics etc.

That wont be anygood as a track car for me but i have checked the pics and stuart may be intrested in it as a runaround, ill get back to you tomorrow on that mate.

You normally move faster than this when you decide on something :D

I still have my heart set on an M3 but ive just found out a baby JamieP is on the way and leigh is giving me a hard time about getting another toy, lets see.;)

RAF marham required the car to have an MOT and i would not want to miss out on days like that.:)

That wont be anygood as a track car for me but i have checked the pics and stuart may be intrested in it as a runaround, ill get back to you tomorrow on that mate.

I still have my heart set on an M3 but ive just found out a baby JamieP is on the way and leigh is giving me a hard time about getting another toy, lets see.;)

Congratulations BTW :)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/295346.htm :innocent:, not sure on the way it handles but needs must and all ! :D

Whoohoo! No RLTC on the buggy then?

Congratulations dude :)