The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track car?

JamieP

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was chatting to Gav earlier and he showed me an E36 in australia running a vvti single'd 2JZ :eyebrows:

Hehehehe, yup, still one of my favourite cars and with a slightly nicer engine. The E36 M3 will always hold a special place for me, being the first REAL car I drove and then later on rolling it and getting out. Lot to be said for them. Strip out an old E36 316i (which is actually a very quick job) and then change the lump. Random fact for the day. All RHD 3 series E36 were made in South Africa at the Roslyn factory I believe :):)

So have you changed your mind from an M3 now you realise they are slow?

Nah i think it will be quick enough to keep me entertained, the one i saw today had a couple of leaks and a bit of a rattle, genrally tatty car.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/457263.htm

ive seen another that im going to call tomorrow, this may be a better car.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/396106.htm

Give me a chance, gotta find a nice one, been to see one a min ago and i dont think that was the right car for me.

Also cant belive how slow it felt:(

Turbo it :D

The Swedes are getting 900rwhp + out of the S50 B30...

a very hardy motor

Heres an 8 second E36 for you

it actually runs an S38 3.6 M5 motor but the potential is almost the same...

If you want any tips on choosing or running the car visit BMW Forum..

Its my forum (been going a few years now..as Im a bit of a BM fanatic)

theres some good info and guides on there

You'll be happy with the M3, it'll perform a hell of lot better stripped out, with some decent suspension, brakes and grippy rubber on. A little less power might help you improve your cornering/braking/driving line skills as you'll be less reliant on outright power (that’s not a criticism of your driving BTW! :D )

Jamie, not sure if you still have your heart set on a BMW. We have a trade in MG ZT V8 4.6l mustang engine. X power (which i think are a mod company hence different exhaust etc.)

i think its an 05 plate with 31K on the clock. In black and just over 6K - RWD but crap brakes. Let me know if you want more info and pics etc.

Jamie, not sure if you still have your heart set on a BMW. We have a trade in MG ZT V8 4.6l mustang engine. X power (which i think are a mod company hence different exhaust etc.)

i think its an 05 plate with 31K on the clock. In black and just over 6K - RWD but crap brakes. Let me know if you want more info and pics etc.

I was behind one of these in Upminster the other day, it had the x pack exhaust and sounded like thunder, it was quick to, a snip at 6K, Top Gear loved the way it handled on the track, lots of power potential from that engine aswell, I would be up for this if I did not have too many cars already, Pig you take PX on a Camaro and NA Supra :D

Give me a chance, gotta find a nice one, been to see one a min ago and i dont think that was the right car for me.

Also cant belive how slow it felt:(

You normally move faster than this when you decide on something :D

I love it, feels slow! How many people can actually say that and mean! Turbo or supercharger could cure that easily!

what about an old 911, seen a few under 10k on autotrader from memory. bet they would be a whole lot of fun

Nice choice... I do like the old 964 ones, but you can only get the NAs for that price... however a supercharger might work :eyebrows:

Was chatting to Gav earlier and he showed me an E36 in australia running a vvti single'd 2JZ :eyebrows:

dont give him ideas!

link?

Nice choice... I do like the old 964 ones, but you can only get the NAs for that price... however a supercharger might work :eyebrows:

link?

True but even the n/a is pretty fast most will see at least 160, not sure on the 0-60 but i imagine its not slow either. Wonder how easy it is to extract decent power out the n/a? id imagine they are highly tuned as stock

Sounds interesting, you got any pics :eyebrows: