The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Refitted TB now no Traction Control

Sandy-m2

So I had the Throttle Body off and swapped all the sensors onto a shiney one, now the Traction control doesn't work.

The light comes on and eventually it kicks into snow mode (facelift) but it doesn't change the traction.

I know a lot of people would rejoice at this but I feel I'd like it to work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sandy

well ive had a tinker around with mine and ive fixed it.

give this a try mate, sounds simple but it worked for me.

lift sub throttle position sensor to its highest position and adjust the connectors so they get a snug fit..

then remove the trac stepper motor and clean the splines ensuring it has no shaft play.

refit it making sure it locates correctly in the teeth in the throttle body.

reset ecu and do a fault code check. Fingers crossed its fixed.

good luck mate.

went out and had a play with this, got the light to go out by adjusting the sensor - still no traction control tho... so took the intake pipe off and had a look.

When the car is at idle the Trac butterfly is almost closed and opens as the revs rise, I'm guessing that the sensor is on incorrectly and is sending a reverse signal to the control unit.

Can anyone shed any further light on this, I will take the STP sensor right off tomorrow and try refitting it see what difference it makes.