The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going lean?

SUPRALOOPY

Thanks john but from who? They all hate me on the skyline forum. not one answer from them. Gonna get the manual out and check the readings from the afm. I may also try upping the fuel on the safc2 just to see if it does the job as I know you should never add fuel with safc just remove it. But hey if it goes bang it goes bang!! LOL

1 bar is very risky on a GTS-t, you need to do the pump, bigger AFM, bigger injectors and a Power FC to do 1 bar and above, safely. They are very easy to blow up!! Conversely they are very easy to get good power from, done right. If you are saying it's going lean on stock boost pressure you need to monitor the fuel pressure under load. Could be the pump, could be FP control unit in the boot.

could be FP control unit in the boot? Chris can you explain this in more detail? or is it in the rb25 engine manual, also can this be overidden or checked as the fpr I bought was a s**t one and is going in the bin.

I was never gonna run it at 1bar LOL .9 max .85 most of the time. I have changed the pump for a 255 lph and its still the same.

Thanks

Dave

No chris, I have not changed anything in the boot apart from the fuel pump and the FPR I did buy was one of those ones with a gauge that replace the stock one on the return side of the rail, but that was rubbish and I'm now back to the stock one. What is this fuel reg in the tank then? and how do I test it? or as I said is there test procedure in the manual.

Thanks

Dave

I've changed the pump. I have got a wideband and narrowband AFR gauge running (very well matched actually) I've checked voltage to the pump (14v) So that just leaves AFM I think? any ideas. I'm now on stock boost and stock FPR.

Thanks

Dave.

P.s a thor fcd could not have anything to do with could it?