The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shiny new Corvette

SteveR

Testing at the 'Ring right now, so it seems...

link

http://bridgetogantry.com/images/image/april08/zr12.jpg

Totally planted, smacking into the apex with brute force and exiting at speed thanks to that supercharged 6.2 litre LS9 V8. The whine of Eaton roots-type blower overwhelmed by the incredible exhaust note.

Nice! And it's the new supercharged ZR1 for 2009.

Wonder who's driving it - would be interesting to see the lap times if it's in the hands of a pro.

The C6 Z06 managed a 7min 42sec lap - this should be even better.

:thumbs:

edit: Apart from Alex beating me to the ZR1 thing, I just clicked the link and that also says '2009 Corvette ZR1 testing'

DOH!

Wow! :drool: I've always had a soft spot for vettes... I wonder if they'll do a RHD version of this new one?...

It's not a *new version* it's the latest and greatest version of the C6 that's LHD only.

The C7 will follow soon enough...that may or maynot be offered RHD but I expect the market still isn't that big to warrent it. Driving LHD in the UK is only a PITA when getting into carparks, the rest of the time it's not an issue.

I cant see them doing a RHD, ive had a few LHD cars over the years and you do get use to it but its still a pita, the f150 lightning i had was not to bad as it was high and you can see over most cars for overtaking but it was so wide i dare not drive down any country lanes in it, it was hard to judge how close you are to the other cars.