The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fiat 500

JamieP

I think it looks lovely too but then I've thought that about all the Fiats I've owned and not one of them has been fault free.

I just don't trust them, they are supposed to be getting better but my experience is that they are just as sloppy as they have always been. Good ideas, nice designs, great prices and plenty of kit but crap assembly, reliability and quality control.

A shame really.

Yea i know what you mean and she likes keeping her cars a while, her current 206gti she brought new in 2000 so probs not a good choice.

I think i like it because it gives me fond memory's of my uno turbo when i was 17, loved that car, flying machine at the time.:cool:

Yea i know what you mean and she likes keeping her cars a while, her current 206gti she brought new in 2000 so probs not a good choice.

I think i like it because it gives me fond memory's of my uno turbo when i was 17, loved that car, flying machine at the time.:cool:

Uno turbo you say? The little 1.4 jobbie, they were cracking good fun, remember racing them round kyalami...they did tripod a bit though.

I saw a 500 on the road the other day, looked a bit odd from some angles, certainly looks better on paper anyway.

Got to agree with this, I thought that they looked alright until I saw one in the flesh.

On paper = Not bad looking

In the flesh = fugly

The Uno Turbo was the reason I got rid of my FTO in 2001 and bought my first Supra.

I tried racing one on a long sliproad onto a dual carriageway and lost big time! Even more humiliating was the passenger leaning out of the window blowing kisses in our direction. Pi$$ taking git!

Got home, got out of the car and said 'Right - that's going then.'

Bought my Supra within the next fortnight, never looked back.

:D

The Uno Turbo was the reason I got rid of my FTO in 2001 and bought my first Supra.

I tried racing one on a long sliproad onto a dual carriageway and lost big time! Even more humiliating was the passenger leaning out of the window blowing kisses in our direction. Pi$$ taking git!

Got home, got out of the car and said 'Right - that's going then.'

Bought my Supra within the next fortnight, never looked back.

:D

Similar happened to me with a Civic Type R when I the Corsa GSi many moons ago. They overtook me, the drove round the round about in front of me with the passenger waving sarcastically...If you can wave sarcastically?

Soon got rid of that and bought a Supra. :D

I saw a 500 on the road the other day, looked a bit odd from some angles, certainly looks better on paper anyway.

Agree 100%. A few people I know have them and they look great from some angles but they are a lot thinner from behind. I think it is the cream colour that doesn't show them off so well.

Uno turbo you say? The little 1.4 jobbie, they were cracking good fun, remember racing them round kyalami...they did tripod a bit though.

Weren't the uno's actually 1.3's? Its the renault 5 tubby that was a 1.4. Mate of mine had an Uno tubby til a prop shaft fell off a bus in front of him and took his sump clean off :D

Wonder if this latest drag up from the past will be as successful as the other two?

ENGINE

Type 146.A8.000

Number of Cylinders 4 In Line

Firing Order 1-2-4-3

Bore and Stroke mm 80,5 x 67,4

Piston Displacement cm 3 1 372

Compression Ratio 7,8

Valve Arrangement SOHC

Maximum Power kW @ r/min 85 @ 6 000

Maximum Torque N.m @ r/min 161 @ 3 500

Valve Clearance (Hot) Intake - mm 0,35 - 0,45

Exhaust - mm 0,45 - 0,55

OK 1.37 so could be percieved either way. I'm sure they were insured and labelled up as 1.3's