The mkiv Supra Owners Club

longleat Zoo?

JamieP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Geordie in Alan Partridge had a theory that the monkeys were collecting all the bits off cars and quietly building one of there own and one day, they would all jump in it and drive off.... PMSL.

:rlol:

Check out the maze too, split from your missus and race to the centre. That was a good laugh and even though you'll be convinced you can get to the centre quick, you definitely can't!

The mazes there are great but set aside about an hour for the big one if its still the same ;)

[ATTACH]73040[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]73041[/ATTACH]

When I went a few years ago we took my missus Polo as I didn't want to risk the Supe. The monkies got on the roof and pulled the rubber strips up - people were pointing at the roof driving past but the buggers wouldn't get off the roof when we were moving. We see them bending wiper arms off the back of people carriers :D

[ATTACH]73038[/ATTACH]

We went when it was quite hot and the car didn't have air con - imagine going through the lions den with your windows up! I had to open mine a little much the fear of the GF when we were this close to the beasts!

[ATTACH]73039[/ATTACH]

(sorry camera phone pics)

Nah, I stood on the gantry and watched 'em do it.

Oh, and it's easy - keep one hand on the wall and just keep walking without letting your hand move from the wall.

(They didn't believe me and ran to prove me wrong. Dad's are NEVER wrong.)

Just put aside a long weekend and drive to Africa

- much more adventure

- you can drive round the game parks and see very wild life

- You'll make it there in 17 minutes with the Monero

MkIV summer road trip, anyone :D It'll be like the Plymouth-Banjul rally, but with better cars and more sightseeing/wildlife.

EDIT: Can I start by asking for volunteers to feed my cats while we're away?

Anyone been? Me and Leigh are going tomorrow and im not sure about taking the Monaro through the safari?

Dont really want to drive her car all the way there but if baboons are going to cr*p on it then ill take hers:D

If theres nothing that can be pulled off by monkeys take your nice car. It's kind of fun to have a sunroof too. But its always said that you must keep windows and sunroofs closed. Monkeys were the highlight for me. Theres plenty of other things to do though, not animal related.

The mazes there are great but set aside about an hour for the big one if its still the same ;)

An hour! It took us well over 2 hours, thought we were never going to get out :(

I like your tip Ivan I'm going to try that, but which side? Left or right?

Went there 2 years ago in my g/f's old Clio. Hot day and the car overheated in the lion enclosure! (happens multiple times per day in summer apparantly) We got to the middle of the maze in about 3 minutes, thought pfffft, then spent half an hour trying to get out again.

:looney:

I've been, and seen a monkey ripping all the stuff off the back of a shogun, they definately do jump around on the cars. Also the EMU's peck the cars and I saw a lion biting a tyre.

You can however take the double decker bus round and park your car up?

Went there 2 years ago in my g/f's old Clio. Hot day and the car overheated in the lion enclosure! (happens multiple times per day in summer apparantly) We got to the middle of the maze in about 3 minutes, thought pfffft, then spent half an hour trying to get out again.

:looney:

:D I remember you posting that :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=70874

What really didnt help with the whole monkey/car dismantling thing... was foot n mouth.

During the outbreak the longleat staff gave the monkeys a car to play with - as the safari was closed, so no public to harass.

As with all things, if you practice you beome quite efficient at stuff :rolleyes::D

There is also a few conspiricy theorists who think the monkeys are secretly planning an escape, and gradually building a car to help them on their way... so it depends on what car you have and if they need a bit. :p