The mkiv Supra Owners Club

longleat Zoo?

JamieP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a good day out - you can drive around the monkey bit rather than through it ;)

If you do decide to risk getting jumped on by a pack of gibbons, I recommend driving behind a people carrier or 4x4 as they seem to prefer riding on them when I've been there.

Of course there are other risks, a 306 almost got trodden on by two fighting rhino's last time we went. Though in the Monaro you'd probably outrun em :)

Its a good day out - you can drive around the monkey bit rather than through it ;)

If you do decide to risk getting jumped on by a pack of gibbons, I recommend driving behind a people carrier or 4x4 as they seem to prefer riding on them when I've been there.

Of course there are other risks, a 306 almost got trodden on by two fighting rhino's last time we went. Though in the Monaro you'd probably outrun em :)

:D well if you can go round the monkeys ill take mine, her car winds me up its so slow but she loves it an wont let me sell it.

was going to go last weekend, but weather was rubbish.

also looked at there website and seems a bit of a rip-off to have to pay for every piece of the park that you want to go into.

coming from South Africa, you see more in the streets and bush. :D

was going to go last weekend, but weather was rubbish.

also looked at there website and seems a bit of a rip-off to have to pay for every piece of the park that you want to go into.

coming from South Africa, you see more in the streets and bush. :D

I just looked at the prices and from what i made out you buy a passport for £22 that gives all areas access.

Its good fun, the only dodgy bit is the monkeys, which you can bypass if you wish.

I took the supra through though :D I assessed what bits they could rip off and couldnt really find any... they avoided my car like the plauge, must have been the noise/shineyness... i think one crawled up into the empty bit in the front bumper(opposite side to the IC), but soon moved when the car started moving.

They were more interested in the Volvo with a roof box next to me... they had great fun ripping the stickers off it! They seem attracted to cars with bits to swing off, i took my landy through years ago... and was swarmed by them - woohoo climbing frame!

Take a car you are willing to loose bits off ;)

Last time I went through the monkey enclosure there (never the Supra) they tried bitting the screen washers out of my bonnet :blink: A mouthful of washer fluid didn't even deter him so some sharp accelerating and very sharp breaking eventually threw him off :D

The Geordie in Alan Partridge had a theory that the monkeys were collecting all the bits off cars and quietly building one of there own and one day, they would all jump in it and drive off.... PMSL.

I have been a few times and they will strip windscreen rubbers/wiper etc ( not off mine thank God) but the worse thing was having an ostrich come up and peck at the tax disc. Did I say Peck... I meant hammered with his beak. I thought he was going to crack the windscreen he was hitting it so hard.

Also watch for the giraffes as you hand out some lama food etc as they bend down and deposit a gallon of spit in your lap.... very fetching i must say :rolleyes:

Hilarious though when my mum in law offered a camel a few bits of food and he put his head through the window and ate the packet from her other hand, box n'all :D

I went a couple weekends ago and it is fun (weather permitting).

Don't miss the monkeys out as suggested, they're one of the best attractions. I did 'risk' my BMW Coupe through there and to be honest it was a lot of fuss about nothing. They do like to run and slide down your windscreen in the rain and the worse I saw them do was chew on an aerial.

I also saw that tour guide you're talking about. The guide tried to crack a joke to his group that over there 'was the Jaguar'. He was pointing at my car but then realised it was a BMW, tit! :D

Check out the maze too, split from your missus and race to the centre. That was a good laugh and even though you'll be convinced you can get to the centre quick, you definitely can't!