The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent advice needed - Younger Polish Girlfriend now trying it on.

Guest Geneb

Guest Geneb

Hi Guys and Girls,

I need your advice - not sure if any legal begals are on forum - but im desperate.

Ive got major probs with my GF.

I own an I.T. company in the South East, as many people have bought parts from me will know.

My Girlfriend of about 10 months is making me sick with stess. I got divorced a year ago, and just under a year ago on a stag do, I met a girl in Warsaw on a Stag trip, she was 24 and I was 39 at the time, but we really hit it off and she moved in with me a few weeks later.

Anyway, she always said I did not love her, so I made her a 25% partner in my business to prove I did. She came to my work and met everyone - and after a while- she said she was bored and would come to my work. She convinced me that my administrator of 4 years was not up to the job, so I sack my adminstrator and gave the job to my polish GF.

That 6 months was the best time of my life - all my friends were envious that I had such a fit GF, but after about 6 months my GF started acting funny and spent 4-5 nights a week with her Polish friends in London.

Things seemed fine for 6 months or so, but all of a sudden she left me, I called her but she never returned my calls or came to work. I was gutted to say the least.

On Friday 21st March she came to my work with 3 Polish Guys, when I first see her, I was so happy - but she had a look of hatred on her face.

Anyway - I let her in, and the 3 other Polish guys - two of them looked a bit aggresive.

They gave me a document from an English Solicitor stating that as she was my common law wife she was entitlied to 50% of my business, and as I had already signed over 25% - she was the major shareholder - she had certain rights over the business.

I tried to contact me solicitor and accountant, but it was near the Easter break and they were all gone - I called the police and they said tha its a civil matter and they could not help.

I tried to get the Polish guys to leave in the hope I could reconcile with my Polish GF but one of then got violent and said he was her real BF!, anyway they wanted a set of keys for the business and I refused. Fortunately one of my regular customers came in and he's a big lad, and we got rid of them. I agreed the solicitors sort it out after Easter.

I went to work on tuesday to find the locks have been changed and some of the staff loyal to me have been sacked and My ex GF with her cronnies had been there since saturday - I contacted the Police and they said it was a civil matter if she is shareholder.

This business is my lifes work, as those on MKIVSupra who know me will understand that. My solicitior is on leave until the 31st. Any advice until then would be most helpful.

G

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Girlfriend of about 10 months ...... she always said I did not love her, so I made her a 25% partner in my business to prove I did.

I'm very sorry to read this but, the above does not make sense to me....you gave 25% of your lifes work away to a GF of 10 months ?

I hope you get it sorted!

Fight fire with fire mate. If you,ve got the balls, that is. These scumbags need dealing with AND FAST. Forget about reconciliation, think about YOUR future, use all your friends and friends friends, and use (threat of)violence and/or intimidation, like they have with you. As the Police point out, its a civil matter. These theiving foreigners need to be taught a lesson.

You must tell your solicitor that you signed over the25% "under duress or undue influence", let them take YOU to Court, and a Judge will throw their claim out, as the contract will be deemed not binding and therefore unenforceable.

First off thats awful, just how did they get in and change the locks?!

Secondly I know Im new to the site, but please dont take what I say next in any way personally, but what the hell did you give her 25% of your company for?! If she said to me the only way to prove you love me is give me 1/4 of your lifes work, sorry love, hit the road. But thats just me...

If you were to analyse this you could say it was a) a scam from the start, she set you up from the beginning, or b) she really did just leave you, met 'the wrong crowd' who persuaded her she had a case to do you over. Im no lawyer but I assume that if you wrote her into the company there must be a way to write her out again? 6 months always used to be the magic figure for common law wife status, not so sure now...

But DONT PANIC just yet, find a good solicitor tomorrow, first thing, dont wait for yours to get back and get the case moving. Longer you wait the more shes gonna ruin you... I feel sorry for you and do hope you get it sorted :(

Fight fire with fire mate. If you,ve got the balls, that is. These scumbags need dealing with AND FAST. Forget about reconciliation, think about YOUR future, use all your friends and friends friends, and use (threat of)violence and/or intimidation, like they have with you. As the Police point out, its a civil matter. These theiving foreigners need to be taught a lesson.

You must tell your solicitor that you signed over the25% "under duress or undue influence", let them take YOU to Court, and a Judge will throw their claim out, as the contract will be deemed not binding and therefore unenforceable.

thats the worst advice ever. your telling him to lie in court. good one. i wonder how long he would get for that...

thats the worst advice ever. your telling him to lie in court. good one. i wonder how long he would get for that...

Guigsy, I most certainly an not advocating that he lies. Any breif will see through this and tell him the same. His girlfriend put him in a situation where he signed "under duress or undue influence". Simple, matter-of-fact point of Law.

Anecdotally, what is wrong with him "bending" the truth anyway? If it was someone close to you in this situation, would you advise that they tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Remember, this poor bas'''' is feeling the deception of these East European t@@ts in his face.

Id bust in the n kick her the F out!! Id hire help, whatever, shouldnt let anyone stand on you like that fella. even reading that made me anoyed for your sake. im really sorry its happend to you... but yeh... baseball bat is your friend (Best advice ever!)

That takes the pi$$, made me sick just reading it.

Only advice i can give is fight back on dont give up. If u get stuck drop me a pm and i know a few lads that can help u out.

Also i dont think she has a leg to stand on, personally i'd make sure she never stands again!

blimey!:blink:

dude... get another solicitor fast. I have 2 friends that are lawyers ( good ones at that!) that I can call if you need me to..... also if you need *backup* ( all legit :innocent:) again, just ask. I run a bar so have plenty of door lads that owe me a favour.

common law wife after 10 months.... give over! Its taken 3 years for me and my missus to get that status!

Pm me if you need me to make some calls bud. :thumbs:

Guest MarkA

Thats a shocking way to face easter, hope you can get something sorted soon.

It seems like she is trying it on, there is no such thing as a common law wife/husband under english law so she is entitled to nothing more than you have already given her. Keep seeing that written in papers when they have articles about cohabbitting couples (unmarried), apparently it is a common misconception that they exist. She has no more legal right to try and claim the business off you than a man off the street.

For you employees who were sacked, they may well have a case for unfair dismisal (depending on how she went about it). So that could cause problems, unless you can sort things out regards your controll of the business and then with the staff involved.

Hope you get things sorted.