The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went to Keighley trade centre on saturday.

marc_p

Well I was in desperate need of a good laugh so I decided to take a trip down to see the good old folks at KTC.

By far the funniest car there was this dodge viper.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=12545&pageid=4&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=40&start=5&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200812306151019

The problems and KTC's excuses were hilarious to say the least, now where do I start.

Me: The paint work is scratched, dented and very very poor

KTC: Most of it will buff out

Me: I can fit my whole hand in between the bonnet and headlight

KTC: The last owner did that to aid cooling

Me: This headlight (the other one) is loose and wobbles

KTC: It's just a broken clip, £2 to fix

Me: The bumper doesn't line up to the bonnet

KTC: Probably just a broken clip again, cheap fix

Me: The door card is falling off.

KTC: we fixed the window and haven't got round to putting it back on properly

Me: Parts of the steering wheel are peeling and falling off.

KTC: it's expected when the car has been kept in hot conditions

To be honest I didn't even bother looking under the bonnet, this thing had blatantly been in a front end smash and not repaired properly.

So remember, if your ever feeling down just grab a buddy and take a trip down to KTC.

absolute outragous place ain't it..

when i went to see them. they had a Mitsi FTO with a EVO engine in it and the car was an absolute state, bad bodywork, paint, graphics.. bad everything but what made me really laugh was the fact that the rear wiper had been 'removed' (more like smashed off) and it had been left with a hole the size of a tennis ball in the window, where water, dirt, wind etc.. could get in. And KTC said that most owners in Japan did this as it saved weight!!! :rlol:

What a bunch of lying, thiefing, scamming C**TS who would probably steal money from thier own gran!!

Over the years whilst owning a variety of Jap cars me and my mate have always looked at the Keighley ads and wanted to drive up and take a look.

The thing is that it's just a little too far to just have a gander.

Yet despite the countless threads and ridiculous stories you hear I still wonder if maybe there is something decent there! Surely from all those cars to choose from you could find something decent?

You've been there a few times Michael seeing as it's local, is every single car there a total dog?

You've been there a few times Michael seeing as it's local, is every single car there a total dog?

Not every car is a dog but I'd go out on a limb and say that even the ones that look OK will have something wrong with them :)

I looked at relatively new DC5s in there a few years ago, a handful of miles on the clock but a lot more on the bodywork if you know what I mean.

They really don't like you to take photos there either, I got asked to leave when I tried :)

Yet despite the countless threads and ridiculous stories you hear I still wonder if maybe there is something decent there! Surely from all those cars to choose from you could find something decent?

This may be the reason why so many people walk through their doors

This may be the reason why so many people walk through their doors

People are drawn by the prices and the amount of stock they have available I guess - they advertise a lot and there aren't a vast amount of importers up this end that keep that many cars around for people to view.

i remember I went to have a look a couple of years back.... i was passing the place and thought I go in for a laugh.

I really do not know how these guys stay in business..... well ......I have my suspicions.

But each car they have in there is full of dodgey things. I went to take a look at some EVOs and each one looked as if it had been in an accident.

I also asked a few questions and each answer was just out of their 101 bollox excuses book.