The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Man U Liverpool...3-0!!!??

Masenko

Liverpool didnt threaten us once even when they had 11. We were so comfortable, I couldn't believe it. We could have scored 7 or 8. Ronaldo alone missed a hat-trick of sitters:blink:

As fot the sending off. How can anyone complain. Wether or not Torres' booking was harsh or not, running over from about 20 yards to have a go at the ref when you are on a yellow is stupid. The only person who could have done that was Gerrard, who didn't.

What a great day it was yesterday:)

I thought we had a decent spell of play around the hour mark, plus Rafa should've brought Crouch on for Kuyt cos we were attempting a lot of long 'passes' to Torres but then the 2nd goal killed us off. :rolleyes:

i think to be honest we started the 2nd half pretty slow and you saw a lot of the ball for about 10 mins or so but then we made a couple of subs and that changed again.

with regards to the sending off i blame the manager, with all the crap going on with the ashley cole thing the other week the manager should have told the players to be very careful about having a go at the ref, they was always going to make an example of a player and he did not do himself any favours, he must have been in the refs face 6 or 7 times moaning about his booking and trying to get man utd players booked so although i think it was a littl harsh but it was always going to happen!!

Mike

So many people say the ref ruined the game. I for one would like to shake the officials' hands as they were superb. I am a referee on weekends and couldn't agree more with the red card. He was actually lenient with him if anything.

**Edit: And I am not even a red :)**

How was asking why Torres was booked a second booking on it's own? He should never have gone up in the first place because he'd been booked BUT if he hadn't have been booked, would you have booked him for asking why a team mate was booked? He might have wanted to know himself so he didn't do the same thing and get a 2nd yellow ;)

Just to add, i don't blame the red for us losing, United deserved their win.

How was asking why Torres was booked a second booking on it's own? He should never have gone up in the first place because he'd been booked BUT if he hadn't have been booked, would you have booked him for asking why a team mate was booked? He might have wanted to know himself so he didn't do the same thing and get a 2nd yellow ;)

Just to add, i don't blame the red for us losing, United deserved their win.

It wasnt just that incident though was it really. Every decision against Mach (and other players), he questioned it and gobbed off to the ref. I think it was just the incident that made the ref think "Ive had enough". Even Alonso saw the way he was marching towards the ref from 20 odd yards away and tried to pull him back. Maybe that 1 incident wasnt a yellow card in itself but if you look at his actions over the course of the game then i think the Red card was justified.

Players must accept that referees' decisions on the pitch are final even if it looks/is wrong. Referees won't change their mind either after a 'chat' with the player.

If a referee make lots of incorrect decisions in a game or so then they'll get dropped just like any football player having a run of bad form.