The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Those Danish Muhammad cartoons

Thorin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are talking about now / Today super numb nuts!!! Please qoute anything from this thread that has me saying that i think monarchy was pointless 500 years ago!! how can you agree with something i havent said!? Oh and take that shoe out of your mouth while you are at it!

The Monarchy still does more than you today!

All you do is come on here and talk;

Before this thread get's locked, I've actually got a serious question to ask....

What is the actual wording of whatever rule Muslim's adhere to in not allowing the images of Mohammed? I mean specifically...

I'd seriously be interested in knowing, as personally, I think it's possible that a lot of things are taken massively out of context, but without knowing all the facts, I'd like to reserve any judgement...

Before this thread get's locked, I've actually got a serious question to ask....

What is the actual wording of whatever rule Muslim's adhere to in not allowing the images of Mohammed? I mean specifically...

I'd seriously be interested in knowing, as personally, I think it's possible that a lot of things are taken massively out of context, but without knowing all the facts, I'd like to reserve any judgement...

It's just an easy get out to avoid questions relating to what god looks like. The bible uses the completely indefinite point that man is in his image, so obviously he's human looking but no details. Muslim religion states it's really bad to see his image, so people shy away from even asking the question for fear of hell or whatever.

//edit: No, I don't know the details either.

It's just an easy get out to avoid questions relating to what god looks like. The bible uses the completely indefinite point that man is in his image, so obviously he's human looking but no details. Muslim religion states it's really bad to see his image, so people shy away from even asking the question for fear of hell or whatever.

//edit: No, I don't know the details either.

Yeah but that's God, and Mohammed was a Prophet wasn't he? Not God (That's Allah isn't it?)

See what I mean? It's quite easy to get confused! Hence why personally I'd want to take it back to first principles before making any decision.....

Yeah but that's God, and Mohammed was a Prophet wasn't he? Not God (That's Allah isn't it?)

See what I mean? It's quite easy to get confused! Hence why personally I'd want to take it back to first principles before making any decision.....

Gona stuggle me thinks, most of the bods in the know have been dead for over 1500 years!!

But it must be written down in Qur'an or somewhere... otherwise no-one would be bothered about it.

I've just found this;

Writings from Muhammad himself? Hadith?

"Not all Islamic traditions ban images of Mohammed, and some are pretty lax about pictures of lesser figures. For Muslims, the rule against depicting God and the prophets comes from the Hadith, a collection of sayings and actions attributed to Mohammed. (A few passages in the Quran have been taken to offer oblique support to this notion.) The doctrine has been interpreted in various ways over the centuries. Persian art of the 15th and 16th centuries shows the figure of Mohammed with his face, hands, and feet covered. Some earlier Persian works show full views.

Arab Muslims tend to be the strictest about religious imagery. Shiites are more flexible than Sunnis; for example, they display images of Husayn,* the grandson of Mohammed. Devotional portraits of leading teachers are generally OK, as long as they don't fall under the Hadith ban on depicting the major prophets. Pictures of people in religious scenes—like pilgrims on the Hajj—are also allowed. These are more likely to be displayed in the home than at a mosque, and some conservative Muslims will refuse to pray in their presence"

Doesn't it make you wonder why sane, intelligent germans would follow hitler, support him? There must have been something about him that made him worth following. Germans aren't inherently evil or stupid or fantasists, he was dearly loved, and like darren says, only after the war did his deciet of the peoples trust him him come to light on a massive scale.

Germany had worst economy crisis at the time Hitler was getting to power. He and his party (BNP like morons) offered solution to masses, simple folk who wanted food and olimpics - he started mass weapon production to prepare to war. War was and still is good way to boost country's economy. To justify it he had to find someone to blame for recent German situation so here came Jews handy. Inteligent Germans was at that time as far away from country as they could or in conzentration camps - beaten and starved to death along with anyone, who dare to oppose Hitler and his SA and later SS squadrons. Do not try to excuse or explain or call this madman "great man", by doing this you are insulting all those who died during WW2 - not only soldiers, but also milions of civilians. He just used perfect situation to convince to all his bullcrap starving and hit by worst economy crisis german population.

Oh what a tool you are. Germany had worst economy crisis at the time Hitler was getting to power. He and his party (BNP like morons) offered solution to masses, simple folk who wanted food and olimpics - he started mass weapon production to prepare to war. War was and still is good way to boost country's economy. To justify it he had to find someone to blame for recent German situation so here came Jews handy. Inteligent Germans was at that time as far away from country as they could or in conzentration camps - beaten and starved to death along with anyone, who dare to oppose Hitler and his SA and later SS squadrons. Do not try to excuse or explain or call this madman "great man", by doing this you are insulting all those who died during WW2 - not only soldiers, but also milions of civilians. He just used perfect situation to convince to all his bullcrap starving and hit by worst economy crisis german population.

I respect your opinion. And I'm sorry if I have caused offence if you have lost anyone close to you in that war. However I think its a lot more than just economics. I dont think that most of the germans left in germany in 1933 were average or lower than average intelligence. Also I think its dangerous to assume that BNP voters are all moronic. But I understand your thinking that people who don't agree with the accepted / general view of things must be in someway retarded/ dumb. Also, greatness in a man should not imply goodness, I think the two are seperate! But I do understand where you are coming from!