The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Those Danish Muhammad cartoons

Thorin

I have massive respect for the Queen, and the Monarchy as an institution. It's not a personal liking, I have never met any of the Royal Family, just a respect for the institution of Monarchy. I also respect landed gentry, some dictators and Mrs Thatcher :) To balance that I respect Tony Benn, and some "travellers". Common denominator? They have earned my respect through action, deed or historical longevity.

I don't respect ALL the Royal Family, but as an institution they get it. There's a subtle difference I think?

ooo nice. agree with you. I'd go further though and say hitler was a great man as he was able to almost unite a hole country behind him.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Hitler was just a bit misunderstood? ;) I can empathise with that, I am misunderstood, especially after a few beers, but I mean well :)

His only mistake was genocide,if he would never of done such a terrible crime he would to this day be remembered as a respectable and the most powerfull leader of all time.

His only mistake was genocide,if he would never of done such a terrible crime he would to this day be remembered as a respectable and the most powerfull leader of all time.

So it would have been perfectly fine for him to invade Poland would it, just as long as he didn't try to kill all the Jews? I believe you're now just trying to get a rise out of people, I'd advise against that.

So it would have been perfectly fine for him to invade Poland would it, just as long as he didn't try to kill all the Jews? I believe you're now just trying to get a rise out of people, I'd advise against that.

Im not Thorin honest,

he didnt just slaughter jews,he slaughtered Russians and Polish and people of many other nationalities.,

Off course its not right to invade any country,but he will allways be remembered mainly for the most vile crime of all time - the genocide he commited.

No not that one, that just says that people wouldnt want to see the monarchy gone, people see it as a nice thing to have... i.e a tourist attraction, doesnt mean they hold them in the upmost esteme.

Yeh i expect you would rather have Jordan on your stamps

No, the people who truely diserve to be figure headed on the our notes can be found on the reverse our currency, people that have made an active change and contributed beyond a doubt to this country, i.e, Sir Isaac Newton, Churchill, Brunnel, Pankhurst. The queen?! someone that was born into the role or chief tourism attraction for London, please!

you have no right to do that ok Matt. ;)

Are you for real? what if your beliefs involved sacrificing a neighbours pet every weekend in the name of some religion...... would i have the right to question your beliefs then?

People should have the conviction of their believes, not just sit there and go you cant question me nah nah. What if your beliefs question my beliefs, do i have to stay stum then too? jeez

I'd go further though and say hitler was a great man as he was able to almost unite a hole country behind him.

Some times Carl i despair, he was a dictator. United behind him?!?! propaganda, fear monegering, forcing people to do things, the SAS, do you think the whole country was behind him?! they had no choice but to follow his way!!!

An edit would prove fruitful there Carl, you cant say the worlds biggest ever terrorist was a "great man"

F me

Are you for real? what if your beliefs involved sacrificing a neighbours pet every weekend in the name of some religion...... would i have the right to question your beliefs then?

Yes you would, as that would be illegal in this country.

Can you both stop antagonising each other now.

Im not Thorin honest,

he didnt just slaughter jews,he slaughtered Russians and Polish and people of many other nationalities.,

Off course its not right to invade any country,but he will allways be remembered mainly for the most vile crime of all time - the genocide he commited.

For christ sake somebody lock this guy up!!

Indeed, but genocide isn't just killing a few Russians. Trying to wipe out a whole race/religion is.

I totaly agree,his attempt to wipe out an entire race/religion is actualy sickening,more so when you learn of the methods used.,

But just as disgusting was the experiments on children and the killing of handicaped people.

They say as im sure you know theres a fine line between genius and madman -

Even our own leaders of the time were impressed with Adolf :

"I have never met a happier people than the Germans and Hitler is one of the greatest men. The old trust him; the young idolise him. It is the worship of a national hero who has saved his country." (David Lloyd George, Daily Express, 17.9.1936)

however the main atrocities did not surface untill after the war.,it was then that he was deemed a madman.

Um question please. When is the world going to wake up? If you go to most predominately Muslim countries, there is no leeway, there is no respect for the ways of others, there is their way or the highway, or worse in most cases. I've only been to a few, Saudi Arabia being one of them, and I can tell you, they're not adjusting and being flexible while respecting others. Why the f*^K should we change our culture, our laws, our traditions, what makes our countries ours to suit people who are themselves inflexible, not as a whole (I do not condone stereotyping), and wish only to enforce their way of life on us. I've always subscribed to the belief, "If you don't like it here, pack your $h!t and leave." I'm sorry but you live in the world. The world does not live around you and your ways.

So is Muhammed the Invisible Pink Unicorn? Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

As we're not allowed to see his/her image I guess we'll never know.

ROFL

urm, you might swing that way but you aint getting anywhere near my ends this weekend! or any other for that matter!!

the lads hey ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Matt_H/VILLAGE_PEOPLE_11.jpg

OMG hahaha

Middle?! hes second from the end Einstein!! :lol:

PMSL

Good point mate :thumbs:

No, the people who truely diserve to be figure headed on the our notes can be found on the reverse our currency, people that have made an active change and contributed beyond a doubt to this country, i.e, Sir Isaac Newton, Churchill, Brunnel, Pankhurst. The queen?! someone that was born into the role or chief tourism attraction for London, please!

People should have the conviction of their believes, not just sit there and go you cant question me nah nah. What if your beliefs question my beliefs, do i have to stay stum then too? jeez

Some times Carl i despair, he was a dictator. United behind him?!?! propaganda, fear monegering, forcing people to do things, the SAS, do you think the whole country was behind him?! they had no choice but to follow his way!!!

An edit would prove fruitful there Carl, you cant say the worlds biggest ever terrorist was a "great man"

F me

Doesn't it make you wonder why sane, intelligent germans would follow hitler, support him? There must have been something about him that made him worth following. Germans aren't inherently evil or stupid or fantasists, he was dearly loved, and like darren says, only after the war did his deciet of the peoples trust him him come to light on a massive scale.

Not sure that he was a terrorist either. Certainly not in the modern sense of IRA / Islamic terrorist atrocities.

Oh no, not Hitler again!!! I lost many points in that fight I think. :hide:

As for the Queen, I'm in favour, I think the Royal family is a great thing.

On the Muslim thing, it's only a cartoon. BUT, we're in times now where programmes like Spitting Image would be slated as offensive and rude and shouldn't be allowed on TV, so the Muslims saying the cartoons shouldn't be allowed is along the same lines. I don't agree with them but it's no worse than any of the other over-the-top politically correct tripe that gets bandied around these days!!

I totally agree with Matt H, Monarchs have never done anything for the kingdoms that they rule.:rolleyes:

We are talking about now / Today super numb nuts!!! Please qoute anything from this thread that has me saying that i think monarchy was pointless 500 years ago!! how can you agree with something i havent said!? Oh and take that shoe out of your mouth while you are at it!