The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Those Danish Muhammad cartoons

Thorin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference between your average muslim middle of the road person, and your muslim fanatic bent on causing terrorism. Of course I hope you mean, lets kill the fanatics, rather than the run of the mill muslim. ;)

could say its like difference between IRA terrorist and the person who puts down C&E on their census form under religion.

it was said as a point and no i didnt mean all muslims

one person does a cartoon, then all of a sudden the extremists hate all white people and try killing them all

disclaimer i know not all muslims are mentalists,or out of control or terroists, but the ones that are, are the threat to our society

it was said as a point and no i didnt mean all muslims

one person does a cartoon, then all of a sudden the extremists hate all white people and try killing them all

disclaimer i know not all muslims are mentalists,or out of control or terroists, but the ones that are, are the threat to our society

:) Yeah thought thats what you meant. It's so easy to be misinterpreted though.. Like when the pope got done for being "anti muslim". and like when the arch bish of canterbury got a bad press for saying stuff about sharia law...

I know that people can see things from different angles.

Basically i find the cartoons insulting and offensive so i probably see things fom my side.

I am not out to hate all non muslims as that is wrong full stop but do get fed up with all the media hipe etc about creating muslim stereo types.

There are alot of younger muslims as with most youths from all cultures who are easily infleunced and the negative stuff etc is all recruiting stuff for extremeists and will be used in order to corrupt there minds.

The one thing people forget is that moderate muslims are not accepted by extremeists so they are classed as westerners so they are at threat just as much as anyone here.

If a nation shows major upset at the display of images of a certain nature,.

why the frook would anyone repeat the process ?

people can be so dumb.

Is like prodding a cat with a stick,. if it turns round and claws your face then why on earth would you prod it with a stick again ?

this whole discussion is insane.

:thumbs: - good post

As to why they do this on purpose.....

I refer back to my post http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1866380&postcount=51

I know that people can see things from different angles.

Basically i find the cartoons insulting and offensive so i probably see things fom my side.

But Denmark isn't a particularly religious country, it has the third highest proportion of atheists and agnostics in the world. Of the people of faith over 80% belong to the Danish Church (like the CoE here) and 4% are Muslim. The vast majority of Danes do not find these cartoons offensive. If these cartoons were plastered all over Mecca then people would see why the cartoons would cause offence, but they weren't, they were printed in a Danish paper in an effectively non-islamic country.

Sitting with legs crossed is seen as offensive in Ghana, should we change our class photographs from school incase the Ghanaians get apoplectic with rage at the thought of the front row of year 4 sitting with their legs crossed?

Could all Ghanaians look away now please:

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_G/0_groups_and_outings_granton_school_class_c1950.jpg

Must admit I got loads of respect for the queen, partly due to my cub and boyscout times, where we did out things with respect for her, and partly becuase while being right and priveleged she has to live a life in the public eye, and work hard at keeping up appearances and our image abroad. Shes also a mum of course.

In fact she adds a bit of class (a lot of class) to what otherwise would be a atheist republic, just like france.

Not saying I'm a believer in God, but God save the Queen, and all that really does tug at my heartstrings.

Im sure many soldiers and anyone who respects there queen and country who visit here would agree with me rather than you Matt.

shame on you.

lol, i'm sure my grandad was fighting for the freedom of everyone in the country from potential Nazi dictatorship, not because they loved the queen!!! :rlol:

The queen is a tourist attraction, nothing more nothing less.

Do you honestly believe that most people on here give a hoot about the monarchy?! :blink:

Must admit I got loads of respect for the queen, partly due to my cub and boyscout times, where we did out things with respect for her, and partly becuase while being right and priveleged she has to live a life in the public eye, and work hard at keeping up appearances and our image abroad. Shes also a mum of course.

yeah she's such a hero?!?! O.M.G

The queen is a tourist attraction, nothing more nothing less.

considering she OWNS the land you are sat on i think you are wrong,and lets face it you are def in the minority - make a poll and ask the question,...

so in reply to the first comments you made....

O M G !!

I think you'll find she doesnt mate, are you stuck in the 1600's?! i really am struggleing to comprehend your passion for somebody that was voted in a public forum as "uneccessary"

which was the public forum and how representative of the uk pop was it?

Even it is was, sometimes the population can vote in a way thats actually not good for the future of the country. A lot depends on how the vote is phrased.

Im sure many soldiers and anyone who respects there queen and country who visit here would agree with me rather than you Matt.

shame on you.

i joined for queen and country just like my dad and grandad

but thats was my passion for the army

the queen(even though she is my regts col. in chief and im about to do a huge parade in front of her) and the monachy are just tourist attractions now and will be for the rest of time

the queen holds nothing inregard to ownership of the country or has any power anymore

it is now the government and that is why the government was started, to govern all things related to our country

it is a shame and i think we should go back to the old days but then again, we have no say in who can be in power

I think you'll find she doesnt mate, are you stuck in the 1600's?! i really am struggleing to comprehend your passion for somebody that was voted in a public forum as "uneccessary"

Yeh i expect you would rather have Jordan on your stamps,

however say whatever you want, i respect the queen and the royal family and i know im not alone -

you have an opinion and i have one - however dont criticise me or others on what we believe.

you have no right to do that ok Matt. ;)

I have massive respect for the Queen, and the Monarchy as an institution. It's not a personal liking, I have never met any of the Royal Family, just a respect for the institution of Monarchy. I also respect landed gentry, some dictators and Mrs Thatcher :) To balance that I respect Tony Benn, and some "travellers". Common denominator? They have earned my respect through action, deed or historical longevity.

I don't respect ALL the Royal Family, but as an institution they get it. There's a subtle difference I think?

which was the public forum and how representative of the uk pop was it?

Even it is was, sometimes the population can vote in a way thats actually not good for the future of the country. A lot depends on how the vote is phrased.

sorry Carl,i was wrong..

you DO have class ;)

i joined for queen and country just like my dad and grandad

but thats was my passion for the army

the queen(even though she is my regts col. in chief and im about to do a huge parade in front of her) and the monachy are just tourist attractions now and will be for the rest of time

the queen holds nothing inregard to ownership of the country or has any power anymore

it is now the government and that is why the government was started, to govern all things related to our country

it is a shame and i think we should go back to the old days but then again, we have no say in who can be in power

I don't think we should go back to the old days of queen only rule, they way it is now is better, as the queen as the figurehead, and then the prime minister as the action man.

will be cool to have harry as the next king, but it looks like his bro will have a go first. they should have another woman as prime minister too.

I must admit i was a bit disappoint fairly recently when i found out that the queens speech is not even written by the queen :(