The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sva Test Soon ---- Please Help

neo1

Hi Everyone,

Please could you let me know if you have for sale the following bits or know someone that has them for sale..... Please only reply if its a 100% as i want to get my car on british plates by mid FEB.

All JAP TT 6spd parts:

Stock SMIC and pipework

Stock Air box and pipework

Stock pannel filter

Stock wheels with tyres late 95 spec (condition is not an issue)

Stock steering wheel

Stock exhaust

Stock engine lid (bonnet)

Stock nose cone with side repeaters

I think i can blag the rest but these are the MUST HAVE items. I am happy to buy, borrow, rent whatever.

if u take ur car to liverppol sva centre and speak to steve hunter, he will sva your car for you and use on the shelf parts he has available to get it through sva.

u have to pay roughly upto £1000 and for that he does everything for u.

You may have just saved my life.... I will contact him :)

What year of car are you having sva'd?

Sounds like a late '95 considering the wheel spec. What a pisser - I hate SVAing cars so close to the 10yr rule... then you'd just have needed an MOT and saved a grand :(

Like Jurgen says Liverpool SVA place are good for getting modded cars through but at a premium.

Cheers,

Brian.

Yep, its a July 95 car... How long does it usually take the Liverpool SVA guys to do a car ?

turnnaround 14 days from dropping the vehicle off, they also do all the conversions there for u include in the price.

i would wait till july if i was u and use that money on mods ;) .

how are u going to de-reg your car ie get the de-reg docs from japan as u need these to register in uk.

Looks like i will wait until July.... Unless i got the wrong SVA in Liverpool, i was told they ONLY test the cars and dont carry out any work what-so-ever. In fact they were very blunt with me. As for the de-reg doc, thats not a problem, 24hr FAX turnaround from Japan. Im just worried about this talk of the change of procedure in April that everyone is going on about. So it looks like it back to asking for the parts again so i can be on the safe side.