The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Final weekend for the 6 nations

CJ

Non rugby fans can look away now :)

And so we enter the final weekend of the 6 nations tournament.

Although there are 3 games being played today, it is fitting that the final game of the tournament is the only one that is of any significance, as the result of that will determine who are this years champions.

That's not to say the others wont be trying as the first game (Italy v Scotland) will determine who gets the wooden spoon. Now, as much a I would like to see my fellow Celts winning, I don't think they will. I think Italy have shown in the previous games that if they can get their finishing up to scratch they could be a very good team and so I am going for them to win by 10 points.

The next game is England v Ireland. Before the start of the championship both would have fancied their chances of winning it but instead the both teams have failed badly. Normally I would call England to win at home but I have a feeling that Ireland may just sneak it by a small margin.

The final game is Wales v France and it pits the 2 best teams of the tournament in a grand finale. France have to win by 20 clear points to win the overall championship whilst a win for Wales will give them the Grand Slam. I think this will be an open and exciting game and it saddens me to say this but i think France will just edge it - but not by 20 points!

Anyone else have any comments?

what a way to end the championship, the best two teams of this year's tournament facing each other for this crunch match ! and every body else playing for pride . Has you said wales & france is going to be a close shout, but giving home support think wales will sneak it, just came from cardiff and i think the french,have invaded our country, thousands of them over here, "HOPE" it's going to be a long, sad trip home ! (but never right off the french they are either mediocre or brilliant, we'll see !!) ;)

Man I have to say that was one of the best games I have ever seen. It was inspiring the way the welsh lads played. To whallop (and thats what they did to the lack luster french side). I am an on and off England supporter and today summed up my disappointment with them, why did they wait til the last game to be arsed to actually play??? W*nk*rs!!!

Nope my hat went off today to Wales today and I sat on the edge of my seat cheering them on to a stunning win. That last minute try was bloody awesome :D

All I hope is that our sodding team put in a bit of effort next year.

Well done to Wales, they deserved it. :)

How England can get to the final of the world cup, and then play so badly in this tournament is beyond me. :(

I thought they played well today and in Cipriano (sp) I think they have found a diamond.

Sorry for the slip, I'll try and take more care with my wording when replying in future :D :p

Good result though, can't complain at any team beating the French!

We didn't just beat the French. We completed the Grand Slam :D

just back from Austria last night, to hear that Wales won. Not only did they win, they beat Ireland and the French. But most importantly completed the Grand Slam!!!

What a great return, pity about the british weather... CJ, whats it like out by you?

just back from Austria last night, to hear that Wales won. Not only did they win, they beat Ireland and the French. But most importantly completed the Grand Slam!!!

What a great return, pity about the british weather... CJ, whats it like out by you?

The sun is shining, the sky is cloudless and there are 2 very happy Welshmen living in Tingaki :D