The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" Axis Milanos

bmx1lew

yeah i will look on the courier sites what do you think the weight is per wheel with tire's, also where can i get some good boxes or can they pack them, i have bubble wrap just not any boxes?

any one with expirence on wheel posting let me know who is best to post with.

Lew.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's some pic's, with the car and wheels been dirty and in the dark it does the wheels no justice, it makes thinks look worse then it is however i will get some day time snaps when the car has had a good bath, also i will use the old digi cam, the LG veiwity camera is gash :/

Lew.

well i was told that its not the metal doing it but the layor on top apparently it has a plastic layer or laquer of some sort on the metal and its dirt and sault getting under it then spider webbing which is eating off the protective layor?, well apparently im no expert, but i was told if i get them refurbed they take it off and polish it then put a protect layor on instead, weather or not its true, just what one of the fellas told me at a supra meet.

there a nice rim i like em.

ps i just realised my shocks are yellow, is that standard or could i have aftermarket like Bilstein dampers?

lew.

well i was told that its not the metal doing it but the layor on top apparently it has a plastic layer or laquer of some sort on the metal and its dirt and sault getting under it then spider webbing which is eating off the protective layor?, well apparently im no expert, but i was told if i get them refurbed they take it off and polish it then put a protect layor on instead, weather or not its true, just what one of the fellas told me at a supra meet.

there a nice rim i like em.

ps i just realised my shocks are yellow, is that standard or could i have aftermarket like Bilstein dampers?

lew.

I think blistein's are stock are they not?

Scott =op

I think Bilsteins was an optional extra or came on the later models i'm not sure ... put it this way my 95 J-Spec hasn't got them , but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if i'm wrong .

And yes i'd say you'de be fine to put elibach springs on those shocks , i think thats they way alot of members on here lower there car ... on bilsteins .

i have these on yellow billies and ebaich springs although i aint 100% sure that the rears are actually ebaich but the member i bought them off said they were:rolleyes:and i rekin i still could go down a half an inch anyway and still get no rubbing with 235/35/19 fronts and 265/30/19 rears

Lew I am still intrested in the wheels, however thinking about it, you say the wheels need a full refurb, and 2 new front tyres. So looking at approx another £450+ on top of the price. For that kind of money plus a little more I could get a new set of wheels with new tyres. Still no idea if these will clear UK brakes as well lol

refurb is entirely up to you i would like one but its never botherd me to the extent of getting one, always just gave a good clean and polish then looks good, but again its a personal think as you can see in the pics its not some thing you would notice unless your up close, as for the tyers still plenty tred for 6 month to a year depending on how much you drive and how you drive, but yeah have a think i will get more pics when car is cleaned but looking at saturday as at muay thai tonight and tomorrow night so it will be dark :s.

lew.

yeah 600 reason been, 1 im currently poor lol, 2 good wheels for the price depending on how you judge them tlc may be needed, 3 i think 500 is too low however i can get a price on a referb if you want them doing there is a place in sunderland that is highly rated.

SEM - Sunderland (top bods)

Stella Blast - chester le street ( where i live)

Here's some pics from today in the sun, the white stuff on the tyer's in the pics is pollish, as you can see there is some quite large area's of spider webbing, i think it would be better to have the lip done in chrome then it wouldnt be as bad, also as you can see there is only a few light curb marks.

Tyer's

Wheels

Rear right is the worst wheels

Lew.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.