The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nissan GT-R - Official UK Car Details Announced

Gaz Walker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It said St. Helens, Middlehurst. Sounds like a Kenty/Hampshirey place to me.:)

Think your right, I was sure Middlehurst was a lot more Northern than that.

Nothing special at all to look at. ;)

I've never heard anyone say they dislike it though, just that its nothing special or not a nice as the R34.

It'll stand out amongst the sea of Porsche's I'm sure :)

Gaz.

It said St. Helens, Middlehurst. Sounds like a Kenty/Hampshirey place to me.:)

Its near Wigan in the NW, run by Andy Middlehurst. (they imported the 100 official UK R33 Skylines)

Nissian still standing by the whole we dont like import stance?

Yep, unless its a private import.

Was that this months evo mag they also put one against the new corvette at santa pod very closely matched by all accounts. Not bad considering it weighs more and has less power.

The NEW Corvette?

I heard they put it up against the Z06 which has now been out for 3 years.

I'll wait to see how it does against the new ZR1 next year. Hopefully they'll do a test where they're not just going in a straight line too - that's a pretty useless test TBH.

Not keen on the look of the GTR. I can appreciate how technically advanced it is, and all the fantastic engineering that has gone into it. But for some reason it really doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid. Liked the R34, but not this one.

• 1 month later...
Sorry, but I still think they are dog ugly. Undoubtedly competant, but I couldnt live with the looks.

I went through a phase a few weeks back where I couldn't get enough of looking at the GT-R.

Now, I think of it as the automobile equivalent of Shannon Matthews mum! :blink:

Sorry, but I still think they are dog ugly. Undoubtedly competant, but I couldnt live with the looks.

Totally agree, and why they had to make it so BIG I don't know. I admit, technically it's no doubt superb, but it's too damned big, too damned heavy and it sure ain't pretty. It's all academic to me anyway, I have never, and will never buy a new road car, and would never spend more than 4k on one anyway. I learnt my lesson about buying expensive road cars years ago, and wished I'd learnt it even earlier :) (recalling his better than new Renault 5 Turbo 2 that did about 3000 miles in my ownership, and spent 12 years mainly sat in the garage `cos I didn't want to get it wet, take it out when the roads were salty, take it anywhere "dodgy", and all the other sad trivia that goes with cars you love like a living thing). Now I take a base pleasure from abusing my road cars and treating them with the disdain that should be the norm for such things ;)

I see they are releasing a European market Infinity soon, that looks like one of the few interesting RWD cars left in the market place.

This article says the ZR-1 has "set the ring on fire" with consistant 7.40 laps.

http://jalopnik.com/378385/2009-corvette-zr1-sets-nrburgring-on-fire

Granted the conditions weren't perfect, but if that's the case then the R35 Spec-V has just napalmed it with a 7.25.... :blink:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/08/nissan-gt-r-v-spec-lap-times-stun-observers/

For reference, the Carrera GT did it in 7.28 in 2004...

The R35 is growing on me but I want to see what the Spec-V brings to the table after all the facts are official.

If it wasn't so big it would appeal a lot more. My mates one makes my R34 look tiny when parked next to me !

A friend of mine here is a journalist and they gave him an R35 to race against Andre Lotterer in an IS-F at Fuji Speedway last Monday. Can't give much away as it'll be in print soon, but he did say "If someone entered an R35 road car on slicks in to a Super Taikyu race they'd win outright."

I'm doing a track day at Fuji tomorrow and one of the guys will be there in his new one so it'll be interesting to see it performs.

Wonder if any will be competing at TOTB this year? (or next year). If they're as good as claimed they should clean up at this event yes? They seem to be able to conqueor every exotic out there (I've now read Carrera GT, Lambos & even a McLaren F1 :D ROFL) so beating a a couple of Evos & Scoobies round a track should be a walk in the park....

Has nobody reported it can beat a Veyron yet? No, Well let me be the first. I read the other day on the internet that the new GTR kicked a Veyrons ass round Tsukuba :D

Has nobody reported it can beat a Veyron yet? No, Well let me be the first. I read the other day on the internet that the new GTR kicked a Veyrons ass round Tsukuba :D

I wouldn't be surprised, the Veyron would barely get out of first :D

There's a lot of hype over this car, and the owners I've spoken to say it lives up to it. It really is all that, and a bag of chips. :)

Still, I'm quite happy with my now "old" R34 :)

If it wasn't so big it would appeal a lot more. My mates one makes my R34 look tiny when parked next to me !

They are big, I was parked along side one the other day, it was a good 5" taller than the Supra and quite a bit longer.

They are big, I was parked along side one the other day, it was a good 5" taller than the Supra and quite a bit longer.

Hmm, I don't know. I think bigger is better. The best looking cars in my opinion ever made are extremely long and wide.

Lamborghini diablo

Jaguar XJ220

Dodge Viper rt/10

Gives them a much better road presence. Even the supra is pretty darn wide.

Also I never knew corvette were making a new ZR1!! Well excited. I think I'd take one of those over a r35 personally.