The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PROBERLY The Strangest Misfire On Here! Finally Put To Rest. Thanks Chris Wilson!

chrisavila100

Hi everyone,

Well im sure lots of you over the last 3 months have read the thread about my VERY strange misfire problem, and i know some of you were really helpful in trying to fix the problem over the net, but to no avail..

Misfire Thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137180

But i finally gave in and took it to Chris Wilson to see if he could work his magic.....

Well im over the moon, as today ive now heard the magic words ITS FIXED:D

Im sure chris will be along at some point to add a more techincal explanition, but the problem ended up being a FAULTY KNOCK SENSOR but not faulty enough to throw up an error code..

Well as you can imagiane i am so chuffed to finally have this problem put to rest. and im sure chris will be very glad to see the back of my car!

Poor chris has been under my bonnet for most of last week!

surprised you didnt move in mate;)

Anyway a very big thanks to Chris Wilson for fixing the problem and fitting one of his uprated clutch kits and flywheel whilst he had the car.

And thanks to everyone else who helped try to get to the bottom of this problem, buy advice and even sending out parts for me to checkthings with!!

Im now looking forward to the 5/6 hour journey to pick her up tomorrow:rolleyes: but at least she's back for the better weather..

Thanks again everyone...

Glad its fixed mate:) thats a very odd one faulty knock sensor, certainly wouldn't expect that to cause a misfire without throwing an error code, interested to read Chris's report.

Cheers guys,

Yes seemed very strange to chris too! and me!

Talk about a needle in a haystack, just my luck that is!

(but to be honest this is the first real problem since i bought it almost 5 years ago!)

Just really glad he persisted and found the problem..

Once again big thanks to all..

P.s Will have to catch up sometime daman..

I'm still too stressed by it to post! :) I am pretty laid back about cars but I was ready to torch the damned thing, it has taken nearly a full weeks fiddling to find it. I have never had a MKIV with knock sensor trouble that didn't flag a code, so they were the LAST resort to try. They are NOT easy to get at either...... To say the car is different to drive is an understatement though, so worth yet more of my thinning hair in the end. Besides, Chris is such a gentleman and generally nice guy it would have galled me to send it back still playing up. I have also persuaded him to have the stock air box and filter refitted, it would be a crying shame to watch the engine grind itself to oblivion after all that!

I have also persuaded him to have the stock air box and filter refitted, it would be a crying shame to watch the engine grind itself to oblivion after all that!

:( But Im sure its for the best, and if it keeps you happy;)

I should be there between 2/3pm depending on the trains, but will call you when im on the train to crewe.

Could you also dig out my service history book.

Thanks again mate:friday:

Definately mate, I am going to do a few photos next weekend if you are interested? :)

Maybe working the weekend but let me know when and where and ill see if i can make it:)