The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Frontlines: fuel of war - possible COD4 beater

Whitesupraboy2

Top game and builds on COD4 I think. If you like COD4 I think you'll love this.

The servers are bit up and down at mo and the game is shipped with 32 player online (patch soon for 50 player) However it still supports player hosts as well as having the dedicated servers and it rates the ping so if you choose a game with a good ping there is no lag.

Pro's:

* Fly Choppers - before take off others can come on board and use the side guns or just catch a lift, if you're being shot down, just bail out and free fall...then remember to deploy your parachute and not be shot by the enemy on way down. :D

* Fly jet fighters

* Drive tanks and other vehicles ... same applies one can drive other shoot and carry troops. Depends on vehicle though

*Send in drones ... i.e remote control veichles to spot enemies and blow it up when close to an enemy to take them down :D

* EMP - take down any vehicle by disabling it with this...helicopters ...the works :D

* Squads - not sure if this is going to be good but when in the game you can join a squad, there is 6 of you in a squad... to be honest hearing 25 people speak would be a nightmare so you can communicate between you and arrange that you have all that you need in your troop, 1x sniper, 1x heavy fire, 1x EMP, 3x troops etc...

* The squad leader can give commands of where to attack etc..

* The maps...wow, they are massive and literally you can go as high as you can wide, I climbed to the top of water tower and was snipering people, till I was taken down :D

Con's

* Servers are nightmare sometimes at mo

* Can be hard to see the enemy sometimes and you are not shown where you were killed from.

The key to this game is working as squads....If you cant work as a squad you get destroyed so if you play with mates, this game is for you. Im enjoying it the variety in what you can do in multiplayer is great. The 1 player is not too bad either, graphics are better then the demo that was on live.

Anyway just thought id let you all know what I thought.

Have you tried the single player yet James?

The reviews I've read were pretty mixed, the consensus seemed to be that it was okay as a game, but a little disapointing.

Single player is not too bad, not the best I admit, probably a little bit behind call of duty in terms of storyline and animation, though game play isnt bad.

It really is more of a battlefield type of game, you have to work as a team or the game becomes frustrating.

The online Maps though are very impressive, from close streets to oil fields

Reminds me more of battlefield 2, crap single player, excellent multiplayer.

It COULD possibly beat COD4 multiplayer but story mode doesnt match up!

Good game non the less :D

Its from the people who did battlefield. I think it may be the people who did a famous mod for battlefield but I dont know what its called (was counter strike a mod?)