The mkiv Supra Owners Club

John Howard Speech about immigrants

MaveriK

With respect CJ (and I know I'm butting in again) but isn't above only your interpretation of what a Christian is? I don't associate your above statement as an accurate description of what a Christian is. I think it is a hell of a lot more than that.

Your above statement implies you could be a drug dealing rapist and still be a Christian, which is not true. (Note I say 'implies' as I don't think you effectively really mean that).

Perhaps in Brazil for instance, there are drug dealing rapists, who genuinely believe they are Christians.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect CJ (and I know I'm butting in again) but isn't above only your interpretation of what a Christian is? I don't associate your above statement as an accurate description of what a Christian is. I think it is a hell of a lot more than that.

Your above statement implies you could be a drug dealing rapist and still be a Christian, which is not true. (Note I say 'implies' as I don't think you effectively really mean that).

I see what you are saying and would ask you this:

If someone has lived a good life, respectful, law abiding etc but does not believe in God nor Jesus Christ then by the very nature of their beliefs, it follows they cannot be classed as a Christian.

Therefore, working on the premise that the above is correct, if someone does believe in Christ but has not followed the rules, he can still be classed as a Christian due to his beliefs - if not his actions.

My argument against the OP was to have him prove his comment that the UK is not a "Christian" country. I believe that in fact it still is a "Christian" country that sadly sometimes shows little Christian values.

:D

this is our country , our way of life , our culture, our laws

hands off or butt out - period. Comply or get lost.

I am moving to another land I will live by their laws and rules

I will respect their ways and learn.

by the way dont go to Dubai on holiday - you can get 4 years if you stand on someone elses joint!

work hard for your money and spend it somewhere else.

Rich

this is our country , our way of life , our culture, our laws

hands off or butt out - period. Comply or get lost.

Who is this "our" that you speak of?

I presume everyone with a gripe about immigration can trace their roots back to their prehistoric British family?

I mean we don't want any of those pesky Roman types coming here and taking our jobs, Vikings, Normans and Jutes taking up NHS beds, Anglo-Saxons claiming disability benefit... bring back the plague I say!

"We" have done our own fair share of wandering the world and taking ownership of countries, perhaps it's time for some payback?

...I mean we don't want any of those pesky Roman types coming here and taking our jobs, Vikings, Normans and Jutes taking up NHS beds, Anglo-Saxons claiming disability benefit... bring back the plague I say!

That was soooo "Pythonesque" :D

Who is this "our" that you speak of?

I presume everyone with a gripe about immigration can trace their roots back to their prehistoric British family?

I mean we don't want any of those pesky Roman types coming here and taking our jobs, Vikings, Normans and Jutes taking up NHS beds, Anglo-Saxons claiming disability benefit... bring back the plague I say!

"We" have done our own fair share of wandering the world and taking ownership of countries, perhaps it's time for some payback?

Good point that just reinforces the fact of what Great Britain struggled for we still kept our British way of life and fought the vikings etc etc. The fact is now it is just accepted.

Good point that just reinforces the fact of what Great Britain struggled for we still kept our British way of life and fought the vikings etc etc. The fact is now it is just accepted.

Erm... we kinda lost a few battles and are a diverse bunch as a result ;) Does the word "conquest" mean anything to you? I'm saying the complete opposite of what you think I am.

My point being that the snapshot of "Great Britain" so many here seem nostalgic about is actually a glimpse at a country made up of mongrels, even "England" originates from a German word, those god awful Angles should have been sent back by the border control people! ;)

Anyway Canute's great great great... Grandson is on the phone so I'd better dash.

Erm... we kinda lost a few battles and are a diverse bunch as a result ;) Does the word "conquest" mean anything to you?

Of course. Thats part of the history of the country. However we should battle to hold what we have left of it. Yes the conquest but we didn't go down without a fight and nor should we now

Erm... we kinda lost a few battles and are a diverse bunch as a result ;) Does the word "conquest" mean anything to you? I'm saying the complete opposite of what you think I am.

My point being that the snapshot of "Great Britain" so many here seem nostalgic about is actually a glimpse at a country made up of mongrels, even "England" originates from a German word, those god awful Angles should have been sent back by the border control people! ;)

Anyway Canute's great great great... Grandson is on the phone so I'd better dash.

:salute:

• 1 year later...

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'