The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you remove this ??

ManwithSupra

I cant see a hex type socket end on the other end ??

Perhaps i should just like cut it off like you said

Sorry, I'm not being clear.

The thread that the nut goes over, the end of that thread has a hole in it. If you clear it out with a little screw driver or something you'll see it's hex shaped. It's very easy to round it though if you don't have a decent hex style socket.

If the hex doesnt work I usually either try to bend the metal thing back into shape thats designed to stop the BJ turning or use a small set of mole grips on the shaft. Usually the nut will turn till it hits the rust just giving enough room for the grips to get in.

Never had to cut one off yet. Touch wood and all that.

IIRC there are two types.

The most common is an allen key hole in the end of the threaded portion that the nyloc nut is on.

The less common type has a built in nut behind the nyloc nut. If you lift the rubber boot you should see a hex that you can stick a spanner on, then hold it steady while the nyloc is undone.

IIRC there are two types.

The most common is an allen key hole in the end of the threaded portion that the nyloc nut is on.

The less common type has a built in nut behind the nyloc nut. If you lift the rubber boot you should see a hex that you can stick a spanner on, then hold it steady while the nyloc is undone.

Spot on. :)