The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a new low?

CJ

My sentiments exactly.

If this place had a tenth of the way the Japanese respect each other we'd have a great country to be proud of.

Gaz.

Absolutely totally correct - we used to instil respect in our kids and receive it from people in other countries -

I was in the forces in the 70s and during the firemans strike, was on one of the green goddesses outside the TA Hall in Barnet in London. Anyhow we were washing down the GG when a coach load of football supporters came past us and started giving us the V sign. They had left the windows open and we turned the hoses on them from 3 GGs and drenched them. No come back at all :)

No : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4769630.stm

Still, good to see that the The Fire Brigades Union have the available large sums of money to commission an agency to do this survey. I'm sure we all realise that you can get any results you want if you commission your own survey, especially if you're surveying your own members.

Why are they doing it though? Being a bit of a cynic, I'm wondering if they want public opinion on their side for upcoming pay negotiations?

What survey? All I see is an MP proposing a bill.

There's a separate link to a report by the Audit Commission - but that was hardly commissioned by the union.

I'm all for any measures to crack down on the yobs.

I was in the forces in the 70s and during the firemans strike, was on one of the green goddesses outside the TA Hall in Barnet in London. Anyhow we were washing down the GG when a coach load of football supporters came past us and started giving us the V sign. They had left the windows open and we turned the hoses on them from 3 GGs and drenched them. No come back at all :)

Ah, those were the days.

I was on duty on a roundabout in M-K. :)

What survey? All I see is an MP proposing a bill.

There's a separate link to a report by the Audit Commission - but that was hardly commissioned by the union.

Eh? I'm not sure what you mean Ken. Did you read the article that was linked to by CJ in his first post of this thread?

The whole article is based on a survey that was commissioned by the fireman's union.

It was on breakfast TV this morning. All goes back to a complete lack of respect again.

When I was a kid it was really something to be a fireman. Those guys are heros. How did it all end up like this?

as in the other thread pete ESTHER BLOODY RANTZEN, she started off all this crap that you cant punish your own kids ,15 years later this is what we now have total lack of respect for anything with the knowlage that you cant touch them

Guest dangerousandy

My dad was a Fireman in the London Fire Brigade for 22years from 1967 - 1989 and he was on duty during the southall riots. His crew were allowed by the station officer to open up the water jets on full blast on anyone trying to attack them or damage equipment. All firemen back then had an axe as part of their equipment.............

I just opened up this thread and thought it was going to be about RedM becoming a Mod...

On another note, i've heard of that loads before, its disgusting, they are just there to help, why would they get abused. I hope one of the sh!ts doing the assaulting ends up in a burning building and because of his own actions, no fire fighter to rescue him,

Eh? I'm not sure what you mean Ken. Did you read the article that was linked to by CJ in his first post of this thread?

The whole article is based on a survey that was commissioned by the fireman's union.

D'Oh!

My fault Jake - I did read CJs link earlier but your link was fresher in my mind. :D