The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo boost controller fitting help

johnd-mkiv

Been fitting my apexi avcr today but im unsure where to plumb the solenoid in. The turbo kit is a phr stage 1 I can see two hoses coming off the wastegate one goes to the turbo housing, the other is just venting to atmosphire.

I have done a search but reading through some of the threads its still not becoming clear to me :blush:

This is the fitting instructions from mkiv.com, if it helps some one else :)http://mkiv.com/techarticles/avc-r/install/index.html

thanks;)

The only way I can see this from the drawing above and whats in the avcr manual is to link the pipe coming from the wastegate thats going to atmosphire into the boost controller solenoid then from there T it back into the turbo housing with the other. would this make sence???????????:blink:

John, you mention that it has been running wastegate pressure. Before you go turning the boost up are you sure its mapped for more boost?

Anyway see below

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Fletchy/AVCREXT.jpg

Thats the drawing I just noticed in the manual thanks ;) to be honest im just plumbing it all up at the mo wont be running it yet as far as I know it has only been mapped to wastegate pressure.

Once all the bits are on and ready to go ill send it off for mapping.