The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra/rebuilding Dude's drag car

Homer

Guest Budz86

Good to see Daryl, was just thinking the other day I hadn't seen you post for a while. Glad to see the car is still running well, but get that service done! 2011 :faint:

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

An update on this old thread with some good and some bad news:

After nearly 6 years of using this car as the daily driver it's now approaching the time it should go to a new owner who might hopefully take care of the paint problems. Now that my replacement Supra is nearing the end of it's build it's time to take the nicer parts off this car and swap them over to the new car.

The car has changed a bit since the earlier pics in this thread but I never got the motivation or money to have it re-sprayed. That said it's been incredibly reliable and I've never had a breakdown or major problem since it was MOT'd in 2010. The car was serviced a couple of months ago and completed an 1100 mile round trip to the Le Mans classic last weekend without a single issue - the very expensive TVR my mate was driving broke down 4 times in the heavy traffic! Toyota reliability at it's best :)

I'm going to be extremely sad to see this car go as although the body work is poor it's been the most reliable/dependable car I've ever owned. A for-sale thread will be posted up in the coming month or two for a realistic asking price.

I will be swapping the UK brakes and the TRD diff for stock ones though ;)