The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra/rebuilding Dude's drag car

Homer

Maybe a video of the first startup? A phoenix from the ashes :)

Oh yes, I'll be recording it all on video (especially if on the off chance something goes wrong :D )

Homer thank you for this great read i have been a little down hearted with my restoration project atm.:(

I'm now inspired to press on. good luck hope it all comes together for you. :)

No worries mate, I'm finding a lot of patience and not-to-high expectations are essential to car projects! Best of luck with your one :)

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgot to mention the extra costs for the fluids, was shocked how much it came to.

PAS (4L ATF): £31.96

5.1 Brake fluid (2L): £21.98

5.1 Clutch fluid (0.5L): £5.50

Coolant: (10L): £13.98

Trans fluid: £20.77

Diff oil (1L): £10.99

Thats over £90 total. Thank god the engine oil didn't need doing as it'd have ended up over £120 with the filter. Still need to service the car so thats about £180 of costs I didn't account for (which is more than the cost of the engine!)

Guest CoolsBlue

Besides the money spent on the car, youve done a awesome job homer!!! maybe one day i can do a supra project like this ( i really really want to) from a bare shell, be expecting a load of pm's in around 2-3 years:D

Just spotted, the oil lights and ECU light doesn't seem to be on, while others are :)

ECU wasn't connected at that point which explains the lack of error lights and the speedo reading. All the error reading lights don't work, but those not connected to the ECU are (apart from the ABS light, which has it's own ECU and curcuit). My last car did the same with the ECU out.

Time will tell if my theory on the ECU is correct.. bring on Saturday!

Guest CoolsBlue
See im not like santa, i really do exist:eyebrows:

I remember going through all your progress threads on supras you worked on, youve built some really nice supras!! are you coming back to supras? going to get another monster like the one you had before? it was the fastest na in europe right?

Guest CoolsBlue
Ouch, thats got to hurt :D

Or was is a tt?? im lost

EDIT - no no it was a na, well if he had the fastest na in europe, imagine whats next!!:D

I remember going through all your progress threads on supras you worked on, youve built some really nice supras!! are you coming back to supras? going to get another monster like the one you had before? it was the fastest na in europe right?

Well maybe, we will have to see, if all the circumstances fall into place then yes but i won't say any more than that, and yes might just be persuaded to throw something together, maybe i'll even tub it out and build something really quick, i've always wanted a really really quick car, it wouldnt be streetable but should be able to make it street legal, just need some nut to drive it :search:

Holy shit the man himself - good to see you back dude! :)

Is the 'vacation' over or have you just found a 'net cafe' in your 'hotel'? :D

Cheers,

Brian.

No im on home leave for 4 days, get 5 days straight out a month and 4 single days where i have to go back at 7.30 iyts a royal pain but what can i do!!, hopefully will be all finished a year early in may, if they bring in the new law on sept 18!!:p

No im on home leave for 4 days, get 5 days straight out a month and 4 single days where i have to go back at 7.30 iyts a royal pain but what can i do!!, hopefully will be all finished a year early in may, if they bring in the new law on sept 18!!:p

Dude man, good to see you back on here finally, have been meaning to text you again, see how you been, you still on the same number ?

Must get down and see you........;)