The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best thing for tooth ache?

JamieP

jamie i havent been through the whole thread but if it is still sore try a wee bottle of anbesol you will get it and pretty much any chemist and it is bloody good just rub it on the tooth and it numbs it up good

and brush your bloomin teeth!!!!lol

alex

They gave me some pain killers, they are starting to kick in now, she said once the infection goes down i should be pain free in a couple days:(

Last time I had a toothache, I had to wait for the infection to go down. Strangly the only thing that helped was to slosh cold water around the tooth.. First it stung then the pain went away...

Didn't help that I needed it every 30 secs or so.. Never beed to the toilet so often in my life. Also when my bottle ran out of the drive home from work I could have cried...

Yes I'm a wimp when it comes to toothache... :(

They gave me some pain killers, they are starting to kick in now, she said once the infection goes down i should be pain free in a couple days:(

yea thats good but this stuff can be used at any time mate with any other medication and it is really good

i had 2 crowns fitted and when i had the temp ones in it hurt like hell and i used it, its kind of like having your mouth frozen but not so dramatic if you know what i mean!!

yea thats good but this stuff can be used at any time mate with any other medication and it is really good

i had 2 crowns fitted and when i had the temp ones in it hurt like hell and i used it, its kind of like having your mouth frozen but not so dramatic if you know what i mean!!

Cheers bud, ill give that a try.

Oh and I really feel for you mate, I *definitely* know what you're going through.

I neglected my teeth for years, one year bit the bullet because I was seeing purple spots in front of my eyes due to the pain, I had 4 hours sleep in 5 days and was a wreck mentally and physically.

So in the next 12 months I had:

11 fillings

2 root canals (one for an infected root like you're going through - on a front tooth!)

3 wisdom teeth removed - under general anes.. then spent the next 24 hours throwing up because of the morphine to knock me out - when in the prep room the anaesthesiologist (excuse the spelling) said - 'give him quite a bit - he's a big lad' and I knew that was trouble..

Oh and I really feel for you mate, I *definitely* know what you're going through.

I neglected my teeth for years, one year bit the bullet because I was seeing purple spots in front of my eyes due to the pain, I had 4 hours sleep in 5 days and was a wreck mentally and physically.

So in the next 12 months I had:

11 fillings

2 root canals (one for an infected root like you're going through - on a front tooth!)

3 wisdom teeth removed - under general anes.. then spent the next 24 hours throwing up because of the morphine to knock me out - when in the prep room the anaesthesiologist (excuse the spelling) said - 'give him quite a bit - he's a big lad' and I knew that was trouble..

:blink:

:blink:

I really hope for you J that the infection goes away with the anti-biotics (they're penicillin based if i recall rightly).

I had an infection that came back with a vengance 4 weeks after the anti-biotics stopped, went to dentists - x-ray, saw infection back, 20 minutes later was in the chair having my root drilled out and cleaned then filled... :(

Sorry to fill you with the horror stories dude, but if after the biotics and you still got the pain, **go back**, better than becoming a toothless ol' man :blink: and in pain, as if the root dies then your tooth and gum are gonna rot from the inside out, which luckily I haven't had myself.

Lovely having a friend who's wife works at a private practice. Hear too many horror stories tho

Just had the tooth out thank f**k, cheers for the advice:)

Nice....:( I had one of my Molars out when I was 22. I was a bit shocked by the size of the thing when it was pulled out.....:blink: The horrible squeaking as it was being remove will stay with me forever.....:rolleyes:

I have looked after my "peggies" ever since!!

H.