The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MR2 or FTO

broomie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FTO is a nice looking car in my opinion, we have one as our current show car... unfortunately it is an auto... it is heavy, front wheel drive and SLOW, really slow.

I have a (converted) Mk1 Mr2 Turbo as my summer car and it is sooooo much better to drive. Handles on rails and would give a lot of you Supra boys some serious problems...

A Mk2 MR2 NA is still a big heavy car and is underpowered in NA guise unless you find a late beams engined one.

My mum had a REV 3 which I found wasn't very nice to drive and I was just gagging to get back in my Mk1 after just one day of driving it.

I'd take the MR2 over the FTO but it might be worth considering other cars as well?

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Guest dangerousandy
Cat...Pigeons etc but why not get an NA Supra. Could easily get a manual for the 4k budget.

yeah, I agree!!!!!! or even......a Celica (pronounced silly-car???)

Guest dangerousandy
Fresh import, none T top MR2. FTO's are lemons, albeit they handle fairly well. Working on them is even more of a nightmare than an MR2 :)

I found working on the MR2 to be quite reasonable - apart from the Cambelt tensioner:Pling:

Guest dangerousandy
the Supra's are to big for her im affraid & Celica's are just plain UGLY! :p

er, depends on what your tastes are - I quite like the look of ALL Celica's, not too keen on the last generation though. And in any case, a Celica is a million times better looking than an FTO!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Lovely car buddy. Looks a stunning example.

I have a MK2 tubby, well its my wifes car now but it was mine. I love taking it out for a spin every now and again.

You got the perfect colour too!

Is it the 158 3SGE?

Scott =op

?? its the sw20 175bhp uk spec!

and dare i say it :taped: its more fun to drive than the supe :hide: but mine is only a poor little n/a :(

cheers!

where did you get the rear lights for the blue one? im liking them! ;)

cheers!

where did you get the rear lights for the blue one? im liking them! ;)

yea they go well with the blue one. you can get them from ebay for about £100, ... i never got them for my red one as i thought they did not look right on red, has to be the right colour. her's look good but there starting to get water in though