The mkiv Supra Owners Club

England v Wales 6 Nations

CJ

On the eve of the match, I thought I would post this joke up. Before anyone comments, yes it was a direct copy and paste from BBC Sport.

During a Wales v England match at the Millennium Stadium a lightning storm hit Cardiff and a bolt was conducted through the towers to the touch line.

In a tragic accident both coaches - Mike Ruddock and Sir Clive Woodward - were killed.

They were taken straight to heaven where they were warmly greeted by the Almighty.

After a while, Clive was taken to his new accommodation.

He was pleased to find a lovely English country-style cottage with statues outside in the form of English rugby greats.

As a constant background he could hear the sweet voices of angels singing "Jerusalem" and "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."

Clive was delighted until he suddenly heard some even more beautiful singing coming from the top of the hill.

He listened closer and could hear "Bread of Heaven" followed by "Land of My Fathers."

Clive looked up the hill to see a great palace with statues outside of Barry John, Gareth Edwards and JPR Williams.

A party was taking place in the garden with Brains SA flowing freely as the crowd watched Scott Gibbs scoring his try at Wembley against England in 1999.

Clive went to the Lord and said: "Look, I don't want to appear ungrateful - my cottage is great, but why does Mike get the huge mansion?"

God broke into a laugh as he replied: "Clive, you've got it all wrong! That's not Mike's place - it's mine!"

:D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good:)

Just to note though that this should be titled england v ospreys as they are providing 13 of wales's players lol.

True - although not a precedent as I remember Neath providing something like that number a few years back too.

i played rugby back in mid 70's,and a younger team mate whent on to play for BATH& ENGLAND,playing in the 84' 5 nations season,and in the wales v england game, the welsh kicked up a high ball,my mate was behind the post ready to jump and catch,with the welsh bearing down on him,only for his eye to come off the ball,whilst the ball pass the upright.and he drop it only for wales to score a try.best thing is his dad goes mad,as it frequantly shown on question of sport ,for a number of years after the event.ps he played full back.

i played rugby back in mid 70's,and a younger team mate whent on to play for BATH& ENGLAND,playing in the 84' 5 nations season,and in the wales v england game, the welsh kicked up a high ball,my mate was behind the post ready to jump and catch,with the welsh bearing down on him,only for his eye to come off the ball,whilst the ball pass the upright.and he drop it only for wales to score a try.best thing is his dad goes mad,as it frequantly shown on question of sport ,for a number of years after the event.ps he played full back.

Was his name C.R. Martin? If so, it would have been the 1985 game at Cardiff when Wales won 24-15

It's just about 15.00 here and the countdown has begun. :)

I have printed out song sheets so that the Greeks can sing the Welsh anthem and also a selection of other songs such as "Men of Harlech", "Sospan Fach" and that great Sterophonics classic "As long as we beat the English". :D

Our local bar is opening at 16.00 to give everyone a chance to get into the swing of things and whilst me and my fellow Welshman Noel are seriously outnumbered, we will endeavour to sing our hearts out and drink ourselves stupid! :D

Lets hope it is a good open game ;)

Was his name C.R. Martin? If so, it would have been the 1985 game at Cardiff when Wales won 24-15

correct cj.did you know that the very well known cornish team,in & out of the county[PENRYN RFC]which chris and myself played for,were quite a force to be recond with in the 60's-early 70's.and as a 12/13yr old had the prevelige to see a full BRITISH LION side come down to and play penryn rfc.i belive 1972/3.with the likes of-JPR.EDWARDS,MCBRIDE , DUCKHAM, Terry Cobner.who's brother john lived ,taught and played for penryn.i thinkthis may have been the connection in the lions coming & possibley penyn's centenary, ithink were the only team in the uk .to have had that prevelige,what a memory that must be for them local boy's,they were happy days then.good luck this afternoon,your going to need it