The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what flat sceen would you get ?

supra steveo

Guest Jarl Ayari

Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma, Plasma.

Oh Did I mention Plasma?

I havent seen a good LCD yet in standard Deffinition. You can pick up some great plasma bargains at the moment. I got the Hitachi 9700 recently for just 699. Looks great off sky SD and Xbox360 running 1080i and HD-DVD too.

My Boss has Sony Wega 42" LCD and looks all block and fuzzy in standard def, and in HD from Sky looks a little pixelated and yes all resolutions were set to native on the tv.

He now has a 42" Panasonic Viera and yes it looked great running the panasonic test demo dvd in the shop but off a live feed sucks. Xbox wasnt too bad tho.

Plasmas just seem to do a much much better job of handling different resolutions fed to them and still keep a great image.

Andi

aarrgghh this is killing me i am on guard again i havent managed to watch it much yet i also bought a HDMI cable for it from my PS3 and i can only get sound out of it need some time with it and to sort out the settings i think

What make did you go for in the end?

Good choice. I did a _lot_ of research before plunging into HD and ended up with a 42 inch Samsung LCD (M86/87). For computer games/consoles I seriously think LCD is miles better than plasma - totally crisp, no burn in, very bright and colourful, works fantastically as a computer monitor, doesn't burn you a large electricity bill :)

However for SD (freeview/DVD) my Sammy, while completely watchable, definitely isn't as good as the top end Sony/Panasonic LCDs (which are about twice the price I paid for mine!) or the mid-to-high end Panasonic plasmas. Just can't find a single setup that gives me warm, accurate colors and good shadow detail across all channels/sources. I'd definitely recommend a visit to AVForums to get a good starting point for the settings though. My picture quality improved massively over the shop settings (which were totally saturated, bright and artifically sharpened).

I got a 42" Toshiba Regza X eries a few weeks before Xmas. The picture is stunning, even normal Sky+ looks great. Xbox 360 is awesome too.

Coupled it up with a Samsung DVD/Theatre system and I love it.

Even DivX films played off USB stick through the Samsung look great although a little letterboxed.

It's a 1080p set and I think you can get them for about £799 now.

i will just have to buy a nice big surround sound system then :D i think i need a nice stand for it to :rolleyes:

I got the Serrano black stand for mine, the one they sell in Currys.

I didn't get mine from there as they wanted about £180 for them when not purchasing your TV from there. It's half that price with a TV.

But I got mine for £100 delivered from Dixons, and funnily enough when it came the receipt was Currys. They are probably in bed together now along with PC world.

But I got mine for £100 delivered from Dixons, and funnily enough when it came the receipt was Currys. They are probably in bed together now along with PC world.

They are the same group and have been for a while mate!

Always good to play them off against each other as they argument is better if they are related.....:sly:

H.