The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what flat sceen would you get ?

supra steveo

going to get a TV tomorrow looking at these two

this 50" but its plasma

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3437632/Samsung-50-PS50Q97HD-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-Plasma-TV/Product.html

and this 40" LCD

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3342811/Samsung-40-LE40R87BDX-XEU-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html

what one do you think ive always thought the LCD needed less maint and were more reliable ?

Well thats hard to say since its a 10" difference.

But I just went from a 50" Plasma to a 52" LCD and i'm MUCH happier. The image is great! I would recommend an LCD flat screen over plasma any day....but I think your first thing should be "what size do i really want"

both are going to be great TV's. If you do go LCD though, make sure you get the 120hz version though. Its a better image!

I would recommend an LCD flat screen over plasma any day...

Thats interesting because I am the complete opposite. Having auditioned a few screens with standard definition content, I found the LCDs awful by comparison. I was all set to get a 46" Sony V3000 until I saw the SD on it. I am going to get a Panasonic plasma.

I got the top of range Toshiba LCD 42Z3030D before Xmas. Picture on SD and HD is awsome.

its one of the best TVs you can buy for the money, spec is awsome and picture superb. The shop below has it at a very good price.

http://www.hienergyshop.co.uk/CatalogManagement/ProductDetails.aspx?productCode=44860714(Base)&category=LCD(Base)&action=browse

General rule is that for High Def signals and digital signals LCD is best. For SD signals Plasma can be better.

The Better spec LCDs are even good enough for SD and certainly address the issue with watchig quick motion action like football, etc.

My advice would be to decide on what size is best and what you media you will watch most of the time and work from there.

^^^ good advice

I personally found a 50" to be the size that fit my living room the best. I started with plasma 50" and then jumped ship to the 52" Sharp Aquos LCD 1080P 120hz. Its a really nice setup and i'd highly recommend it, i think was roughly 1500GBP i think.

dude, I purchased the Samsung LE40M87BDX about a month ago, and absolutely love it. The model in your first post is NOT as good as this one, but for an extra £60-odd you can get my model - advantages are that it's FULL HD, not just HD-ready like the one in your link.

Up to you what you want - personally you shouldn't even have the choice between 40/50 - the distance you'll be sitting from the TV should dictate the size really. If you're sat less than 12-foot away I wouldn't get anything bigger than a 42". If you're sat further away - then I'd want 47/50 really.